Quack detector

By Anonymous - 27/02/2022 09:59 - Malta - Nadur

Today, I went to see a "Weight loss Manager." When I told her that I have a slow thyroid at the of age 29, she excitedly explained that it's all in my head, and that I gain weight because of the food I eat. I'm a healthcare professional and I think I went to see a quack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 924
You deserved it 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I use to work in a hospital and doctors are just regular people often looking for the quickest/simplest answer so they can clock out, just like anyone else. Though thyroid disfunction is found in 33% of obese people so you'd think she could just run a test to rule it out. Assuming you have insurance...

Jon Tessler 14

you should have asked to see her medical degree

Comments

Your thyroid gland is in your neck, very close to your head, so she's basically right. If you're such a fancy "healthcare professional," why can't you fix your weight problem on your own? Maybe you quacks deserve each other.

I use to work in a hospital and doctors are just regular people often looking for the quickest/simplest answer so they can clock out, just like anyone else. Though thyroid disfunction is found in 33% of obese people so you'd think she could just run a test to rule it out. Assuming you have insurance...

Jon Tessler 14

you should have asked to see her medical degree

Dirtysalamander1 13

not all nurses have medical degree. You're assuming that op has a medical degree?

Calories in < Calories out = you loose weight. You shold know that (if you are healthcare proffesional), eating less will always lead to less weight. Anything else is just excuses.

Yes, human beings are electronic devices and our very complex biological system for metabolizing food is exactly the same as the gas you put in your car. After all, we've never had a single peer-reviewed study disclaiming the calorie theory since WW2, and all those scientific findings around weight, metabolism, and thyroid are just liberal plants to make everyone look stupid. Science never changes and no one ever learns anything new!