By NotAnInLawFamilyMan - 10/12/2014 14:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my mother-in-maw informed us that she sold her house and is moving in with us so we'll "take care" of her in old age. She's in perfect health. We've only been married for 4 months. My wife can't stand her for more than 2 weeks at a time, let alone living with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 802
You deserved it 2 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saraitkddh 47

It is obvious that she is doing this out if evil intentions so maybe try to put her in a nursing home and visit her every week at least.

Yeah it's totally acceptable to say no to that.

Comments

seemo82 19

could u let your mother be my mother-in-"maw" ? .. and if u want her to stay with us its okay :p

I dunno. This mother-in-maw seems a little unstable. This is how people get stabbed.

Treat monster-in-law carefully, she is known to have evil powers and devious intentions.

Isn't it generally a good idea to ASK someone before you move in with them?

Garnetshaddow 30

Yes. But common sense isn't nearly as common as the name would imply...

Are you saying that squatting is not an acceptable way of acquiring a home? Wow! I have been doing this wrong for some time now...

she sold her house and has nowhere to stay ... sounds like shes SOL...

"Today my son-in-law and daughter told me I can't move in with them. I just sold my house last week and have nowhere to stay now.?FML"

Well, seems like you and your wife need to stand up for yourselfes and your marriage and stop this right now. I love my mother and a have a wonderful MIL but I still wouldn't want to live under the same roof for the rest of my life.

It should be easy to put her off. Tell her that you expect rent payment, cleaning, cooking and when the kids come along: babysitting.

imagineapc 11

I don't understand this. It is your house, and her own daughter doesn't want her there either! This would not be an option for my own parents or my mother-in-law, and both of us agree on that. Get your shit together and tell mommy-in-law she's not welcome to stay.

Exactly. If her daughter wanted her I could see how it might be difficult but if she doesn't want her there either, why is it even open for discussion?! Organise her a place in a nice old people's home if she wants a secure future.