By argh - 01/02/2010 13:17 - United States

Today, my mother gave my daughter a behavior chart. I noticed that "drinking beer" was at the top of one of the columns. It's a chart for my daughter to use on me so my mother can judge my parenting skills. I am currently losing a sticker right now for being on the computer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 710
You deserved it 4 978

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damnwtfdude 0

YDI if you actually put up with this. Discipline your daughter and get your mother in line. You're the big girl now.

lol get off then think of all the stickers you'll lose when she finds the cocaine... oh shit, dude sorry

Comments

Simple solution: A) beat your daughter's ass for being so presumptuous B)Tell your mom that if she ever wants to see her granddaughter, again that she better not step out of line like that again, otherwise **** off!

boatkicker 4

Her daughter may bee too young to realize what she's doing is wrong. When you're a little kid "right" is doing what you're told, and if grandma told her to do it, she probably will. EDIT: at some point while I was typing this, you posted the same thing.

True, which is why I clarified my point (see #22). Either way, one OR both them need to get their asses kicked.

ANeg, I hope ur not a parent cuz of your advice. "Hey mommy, look what I gotted!" CUMMERE YOU BITCH."

Do yourself a favor and read what I posted (#22) before trying to judge me.

GeoThermalSleuth 0

Why don't you just judge your Mom. Give your Dad a Chart and give Mommy a taste of her own medicine. Revenge is Fun!

I got the list: Nagging about daughter, nagging about husband, nagging about granddaughter, nagging about friend, nagging about the world, nagging about Obama, nagging about "the Middle East" (this includes countries that probably don't exist or she's never heard of), drinking alcohol, smoking, in computer for too much time, has facebook, has twitter, has a bible (which she likes to read in a regular basis), etc. (add on if you feel like it).

I agree with # 14 your mom shouldn't be monitoring you.

(grand)mother is prolly projecting her own inadequacies. tell her to bugger off or GB2 Maury Povich.

Again? They're not zombies are they? I'll get the crowbar.

Not again! I'll get the motolov cocktail.

nobridgejustwate 0

crap. not the zombie apcalypse already!

you guys build up defenses and ill begin patroling the border and does anyone remember where i left the 12 gauge? im always leaveing that thing somehwhere stupid.

Unless the OP is using hardcore drugs or doing anything that would interfere with her ability to raise HER child, her mother shouldn't be saying two words to her about how she lives her life. Involving OP's daughter is a bitch move on her part, especially if the child is too young to understand what's going on. But, if the daughter is old enough to know better, and participates anyway, then see part A of my solution. Class dismissed.

Is your lecture on being a dumbass over yet, prick? ZING!

Maddoctor 10

I actually agree with #14/22. Obviously not about the beating part (which most likely means a spanking anyway, not actual beating), but the fact that a grandparent is mostly there to humor or entertain a grandchild - not raise them. This is different if they're the guardian because the parents are unfit to raise their child, but a regular grandparent should never interfere with the way their child raises their own child. Plus, the grandchild should be taught to obey a parent first before a grandparent in almost all situations. To think otherwise is completely demeaning to the parent.

I'm guessing that the fact that you think I'm a dumbass means you actually agree with what OP's mother did. In my opinion, that makes you the dumbass. If being a prick means standing up for yourself against an asshole parent, who apparently thinks it perfectly fine to disrespect you and teach your child to do the same, then I'm not just a prick, I'm a ******* prick.

exactly. The mother has no right, unless, like you said, she is totally unfit- in which case you would call Child protective services, not give your granddaughter a chart to monitor you. It's OP's job to raise her daughter, not the other way around. I'd tell your Mom to bend over and stick that chart up her ass. My mother wouldn't see my kids if she tried to pull shit like that.

I disagree with OP's mom completely! You think that if you say one thing is this, it's not that. Do you think that all grey things are elephants too? That all people Islamic are alquidic?

Maddoctor 10

Ok CitizenSnipz...then what are you saying if everyone's on the same page? If it's about the way it's worded, to be honest I've seen posts way more disrespectful than angrynegro7's.

Sorry, been having a bad week  I feel bad reading over my comments. Just kinda picked off tge parts of beating mom/kid. I'd just tell my mom that I don't like it, and tell her to stop  Sorry AN! I feel bad now. 

Your apology, nor your reason for coming after me, really doesn't matter to me at this point, Citizensnipz. If you had simply voiced your opinion, I would've had no problem with you because your entitled to that. Instead, you chose to be a dick about it. When I gave you an opportunity to back off, by advising that you read my second post (#22), you compounded the problem by lying and claiming that you couldn't find it (see #129), yet you were the FIRST person to reply to that post (see #67). In a nutshell, you made yourself look like an asshole and a liar. You only apologized after several people called you on it. That tells me that you're not sorry for what you did, you're only sorry that you got caught. FYL

you need to tell your mother to back off!

stop that in its tracks. no way should mom be pointing out what she considers your faults to your daughter. you teach your daughter that you are the answer to everything and only God can point out controversies . grandma is a spectator only

heartlessagony 0

Wow, your mother is so controlling, OP.

You need to end that immediately. Firmly tell your mom she has no right to point out those things in front of your child, and if she does it again she won't be allowed to visit for a long time. Your daughter will never learn to respect you if your mom keeps telling her your supposed faults as a parent. It doesn't matter how your mom reacts, you cannot take that from her.