By Foureyes - 23/08/2009 13:29 - Australia

Today, my mother and father are insisting that I go on a date with a German exchange student they met at the weekend. Why? Because we have similar glasses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 646
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LemonFairy 0

Maybe the make her (him? I don't know :P) look cute. Who cares, man, it's a /German exchange student/. So yeah, not a FYL or YDI. A MLIG.

Comments

cactus_fml 0

I NEVER say this, but there's a first time for everything. SO ******* WHAT?! You got a date! And German is ******* awesome (the language atleast, I've never like, been to Germany). So go you. Not an FML in any sense of the word.

I wish I had a foreign exchange student date =( Don't worry about it. You can always buy different glasses later on. *shrug*

Only way I can see this as a FML is if he can't get a date himself and his parents have to do it for him

triplethreat13 0

i moderated this and said no. you people can't blame the mods, we have a very small selection of decent FMLs, most of the stories we moderate are terribly written and most of the time they're just plain stupid. "today i died fml" "ok so omg i like liked this guy and omg he like rejected me!! fml!!!!" those are some typical submissions we deal with and we constantly say no to. cut us some slack.

How's this an fml? Goshh people like you ruin fml

i_is_a_tr00l 0

Hm. Well, looks like you're in a win/ loose/ fail situation here, aren't you? So, if you go on the date and like it, then you hit it off and had fun :D If you don't, an hour or 2 wasted... Or were they saying you're wearing glasses of the opposite gender? Then thats a differnt story! Thats even worse than an old hobo punching a baby while having **** sex. Your life is ******!

dRose22 0

how the hell did this get past moderation?

anon24601 0

Wait, how is that bad? I think that would be cool to get to hang out with a German Exchange student

echarperouge 0
doof_fisch 2

Well -- get ready for hairy legs and pits---some German girls don't bother to shave. At any rate, as an exchange student, she'll be gone in a year or less.