By Eres - 11/02/2011 07:04 - United States

Today, my mom took away my medication. She's afraid I'll get "hooked". The medication is anti-anxiety pills. I have horrible anxiety attacks that sometimes cause me to scratch my arms until they bleed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 177
You deserved it 4 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll never understand why parents do this to their kids... They need to stop listening to Paranoia News and grow some common sense.

Randy1994 0

Comments

Alabama... you're both ******* hicks and your moms probably an over obsessed Christian who believes what they ******* tell her on tv about pills being evil and from the devil or something. seriously give these retarded states a better education someone -.-

#32 Yeah, because making assumptions about people because of where they live sure makes you smarter.

32- Improper punctuation and one large run-on sentence. P.S. I'm from Mississippi, bitch.

tinayoufatlarddd 0

Beat me to it, fellow Mississippian. We're not all morons down here.

mcxhunni 0

Your mom is an idiot. Get those pills back.

takemewithy0u 0

Sneak in her room at night and scratch her arms til then bleed!!! That'll show her.

excuse me? yes she is in meed of medical attention

better let your bitch ass mom know whose boss

tykiej 0

Honestly, I cant help but agree with your mom, to a point. If you are 20 years old or younger, your body is still developing. When I had my anxiety attacks, I would workout like crazy doing something, anything that got my heart racing. Clean something, make the bed, run around the block, Anything!! Ive been anxiety and drug free for 4 years now, and in pretty decent shape. Just something to consider.

russianspy1234 11

Just because you managed to get through it without meds doesn't mean everyone can.

41 - I agree, and after taking medication for 4 years straight, that is it. If you stop you could develop neurological disorders, and most people do. Exercise is the best way to get rid of anxiety and depression, and anyone can do it. When one exercises their body releases endorphins that promote happiness. This country is so pill popping happy, it's not good.

92 - While that's true, it doesn't always work for everyone. It certainly didn't work for me. The antidepressants did.

gamegeek96786 0

everyone has their own way of doing things. it was just a suggestion.

that only works for general anxiety it wont work for triggered anxiety for instance my anxiety and panic attacks are caused by my halucinations

Tell your doctor and other sensible people in your family. That's abuse to keep needed and prescribed medicine from your child.

Were they prescribed to you by a doctor? The doctor can help explain things to her. If you got them at a pharm party or off a friend, I can see why she'd misunderstand. I can't think of any other logical reason a mother would not realise her child is in need of anti-anxiety medication.