By Sarah - 07/05/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, my manager bailed on me during the afternoon rush; swamped and distracted, I cut off the pad of my thumb in a cheese slicer. Some clinic hours later I returned, hungry and sick with blood loss, to sign WC papers. Manager's only words: "You're staying late to cover your long break, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 878
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I HATE bosses that pull that shit on you! They can bail on you or take as many breaks as you want, but you have to make up for every second you miss for whatever reason, even if it means you were in the hospital during that time.

reminds me of my old boss. my old boss was my mother.

Comments

Tell him. "I'll make up the time when you go get a spoon to eat out my ass!"

Are you working at some mindless soul-grinding machine?

#7, the posters boss is most certainly not a fag, I don't thing any **** in their right mind would do that to someone. As for the post, time for a new job! As much as I hate my job, the only thing that keeps me there is the fact that I have an awesome boss, I work in our downtown area and there was a concert going on outside and my boss said, "Go ahead, I know you wanna go, I wish I could go."

palmtrees 1

You were "sick with blood loss" from just cutting off the pad of your thumb? Unless you have some kind of blood clotting disorder where you bleed excessively, I find that hard to believe.

actually cutting the pad of ur thumb is a very serious due the fact it expose ur muscle,which makes it very painful.

friedpwnadge 25

Unless you've ever completely cut off the pad of your thumb you should stop being such a ******* douchebag. I hate people who try and judge others negatively because they think they're not in as much pain as they say they are.

The_Lone_One 0

And did you quit and tell your manager to "**** off?"

Jade_Rothwell 0

#14 - That is amazingly awsome Poster.. your atleast lucky it wasnt the whole thumb.. and I hope that meat or cheese that you were slicing was tossed out ick.... But thats not really a workers comp issue.. you can still work in a day or two.. but your manager is a dick

seriously, now's the point in your life when you need to ask yourself, "Do i really want to work at this McJob for the rest of my life?"

Step 1. Punch till (s)he drops Step 2. Go home Step 3. Sign up for classes Step 4. Get really high and/or drunk Step 5. Go sleep....you earned it!

theswarm666x 1

#10 the stores insurance will only pay if you file the proper paperwork otherwise the store and/or you would have to pay #15 it is possible without a bleeding disorder have you ever cut off a finger pad especially being a cook and being in a hot kitchen you can bleed a lot. FYL, happened to me... the first thing i did when i get to the rush was cut my finger pad Almost off. i then try to call a server to the back so she can tell the customers about the delay but she is a bitch and gives me shit till i yell at her (which i got in trouble for) it takes a lot of paper towels to get the bleeding to stop enough for me to get back on the line. get through the rush call the boss and had to wait 4 hours for him to replace me. 2 hours at the doctor and a few stitches later I return to work and the boss goes home and he still claims i am the worst employee. shit i chose to return and as i waited for him i was still cooking and doing prep. hope it heals up well for you.