By Sarah - 07/05/2009 04:53 - United States

Today, my manager bailed on me during the afternoon rush; swamped and distracted, I cut off the pad of my thumb in a cheese slicer. Some clinic hours later I returned, hungry and sick with blood loss, to sign WC papers. Manager's only words: "You're staying late to cover your long break, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 878
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I HATE bosses that pull that shit on you! They can bail on you or take as many breaks as you want, but you have to make up for every second you miss for whatever reason, even if it means you were in the hospital during that time.

reminds me of my old boss. my old boss was my mother.

Comments

Mooshki 0

As others have said, you have to fill out a WC form if you're injured at work. Employers are required to have insurance, so it'd be a waste of their $ not to have the insurance pay the hospital bill. Doesn't mean the OP is trying to get free money. It was probably shock rather than blood loss that made OP feel ill. Manager sucks, but it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to stand up to him.

Blood on the cheese slicer and a freshly bandaged food service worker.....yummy.

Philinchains 0

Ive seen this before. A friend of mine was working and he dropped a box he was carrying and the cardboard sliced his hand. it wasnt a terrible cut but it hurt him to where he couldnt use that hand very much. and all his boss could say was "do you think you can keep working." This sucks for you. I

I think it would have taken a lot of self-control on my part to not have the next words out of my mouth be "I quit" if I had a manager pull that shit on me.

can they even say that after you injure yourself on the job?

rxysurfbum07 0

#7, refer to #23. I know you will waste time scrolling back up because you're ignorant enough. OP: I hope you heal up soon! Quit the job; it's not worth stressing over.

DancingMouse 4

What an ass. I hope you at least told him to **** off for being a douchbag. I'd talk to the higher ups about that one though. Hopefully they'll be more understanding.

couragewolf9001 0