By Alex White - 02/05/2016 16:50 - Canada - Westerose

Today, my husband was using the microwave when we suddenly hear a huge 'POP'. The good news is we found our daughter's missing hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 496
You deserved it 4 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he didn't notice the hamster in there when he put the food in?

I'm not sure how you could not notice a frantic furry animal in your microwave.

Comments

Aside from the question of how the hamster wasn't seen when food was being put in, if she put the little guy in the microwave herself maybe your daughter is a bit too young for a hamster? I suppose its possible he escaped and somehow managed to get in there himself but I never understood how people lose hamsters so easily, I never lost mine. At least it wasn't a kitten or a puppy...

Could you imagine having to clean up the steaming... remains? Poor guy, the OP and hamster both. Though, I wouldn't place blame on the husband if he didn't know the hamster was missing, or if he was in a hurry. I shut the microwave without looking very often, it becomes a reflex, so I'm sure he didn't mean it. However, the question remains, how did the lil' critter get inside?

Cleaning the remains of a beloved pet is not fun. When I was about 9/10, my cat managed to get into my gerbils cage. We found the cat a few minutes later with the gerbil in the bushes he liked to hide in, eating my gerbil, Nippers. That was not fun. It's a horrid experience.

I walked into my wash house to clean my rabbits age only to find the cage chewed open and my rabbit dead gutted and still twitching, we have some seriously massive rats whereas love it still haunts me I'm not petrified of rabbits

I call bullshit. There's no way a hamster can get into a microwave on its own, unless it's got superhamster strength. That, and the classic 'somebody put him in there' situation. There's a lot not matching up here.

Please tell me that the hamster had chewed something in the microwave that made the pop and that the hamster itself wasn't the thing to go pop!

This is horrible. I don't get upset when people die, when relatives have passed I've mourned without being hugely upset (emotional detachment isn't fun, I don't feel the same way everyone else does), I think of murder the same way I think of eating food, but the death of animals always upsets me, particularly this one. This would not have been a quick death to the poor wee hamster, it's blood would have boiled, it would have suffocated and burned inside, and thinking about how it suffered has greatly saddened me.

Oh god...that's horrifying. That poor hamster, and your poor daughter. I hope you were able to console her. Losing a pet is hard enough, without it being in such an unfortunate and gruesome way...

How it got in the microwave is the real question, I have 4 hamsters and not only are they not good at climbing but they aren't very smart and cannot open doors. Also how did you not see it? I know they can be pretty small but I think a moving puff ball is noticeable in a place where you ware putting your food. Poor hamster :( it was probably quite painful for the poor little thing. So sad to read

Your husband is ******* stupid if he didn't notice the hamster in the microwave. Like are you kidding me? The stupidity is UNREAL.

Really hope you haven't taught your kid pop goes the weasel...