By everyonesdivorced - 02/10/2009 16:47 - Iraq

Today, my husband of five years told me he's leaving me and will be gone when I return from Iraq. When I told him I love him and asked him not to go, he said he won't file divorce papers just yet, but he's moving out-of-state because "we need time apart." I've been gone for most of the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 583
You deserved it 3 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BurlyWurly 0

You need to hurry up and divorce him ASAP - you can't fix douchebag, and if you convince him not to leave you now, he'll probably just wind up hanging around for a few for more years before he really does leave you, except by then you'll have been married long enough for him to be entitled to a percentage of your retirement that you're earning in Iraq right now.

Comments

He totally cheated - this site may help you - survivinginfidelity.com

Thank you for your service. And to the assholes who say YDI for being a soldier: clearly you are jealous of her for having more balls than you. So STFU, and GTFO. Go read dailykos or something. Quit bashing on those who actually love their country. p.s: desertion will land you in jail

netdude 0

he doesn't want to divorce you until after you get back because he wants to collect on death benefits incase you don't come back alive... divorce his cheating sorry ass and tell him to go to hell... On the flip side, hes a sneaky asshole (smart in an evil sorta way) for moving out of state immediately before you leave to make it harder for you to divorce him... hmm...

Poundingsand 0

First thing - remove him as a beneficiary from your insurance(s). What a dick he sounds like. Best of luck.

tired82 0

F him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry you gotta go through that lady, but remind your self that god takes nothing away rom you that really need. so if you loose him its casue he was pointless in yoru life anyway !!!!!!!! i twill hurt for a minute. prepare your self for the hurt, then remind yourself that nothign last forever especially not pain. it only stings at first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely, Take him out of your DEERS and everything. That way He'll get nada. And I Wish you the best of luck getting home to the states.

whatchasay8389 0

it's not like she had a CHOICE where she deployed, she has to follow her orders. & to not do so, is against the law and she could go to jail. the people saying YDI obviously have NOT grown up military, because you don't ******* KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. while some branches do give you the choice to depoly or not, you don't get to choose your specific location. it's not like the military will say, "allright, you can either go to iraq or afghanistan. your choice." get over your hatred towards the military for DOING THEIR ORDERS.

waterynuggets 0
Okuhou 2

Everyone that's bitching about what she does needs to shut the hell up. We don't get to just call it quits if our job doesn't work the way we want it too. If we get called away we go no if's ands, or buts about it. We can't say no, we can't call in sick, and we can't just run off. How dare you call her a baby killer? You don't even know if she's ever even fired her gun. I've been in the military for a good while now and I've not yet run across a single person that's fired their gun at anything else but a target before even deploying. We also can't put in requests for where we wish to deploy either. She had no choice and I'm glad she didn't desert her friends or her country. I'm sorry for what that dick did to you, you didn't deserve it and you'll find someone better. Like everyone else says, leave him and take your stuff back before he gets the chance to take everything you have. He's probably going to try to suck your cash away as much as possible... So yeah. Take him off everything, including DEERS.

Can you guys stop bitching at people you dont agree with? Seriously, it's like taking up half of the page.

HEYO. Okay everyone can bury this now I've had my fun.

As much as I don't agree with the whole war thing in Iraq etc, for you and those like you it's merely a job, and you definitely don't deserve to be dumped this way because you're doing your job. FYL and you can prolly find a better guy.

She is helping kill terrorists so mouthy sons-of-bitches (yes, YOUR mother is a bitch for birthing an ignorant dumb ****) are FREE to surf pedo sites all day and post to fmylife all night,

You're a dumbfuck. 68 merely said they don't agree with the war, which is OKAY. In fact, it's probably a good thing. If everybody thought war was good, we'd be in some DEEP shit by now. So shut up.