By fartingdogprego - 23/07/2010 13:18 - United States

Today, my husband left for a two-week trip. Last night he gave the dog a treat of steak fat and gristle. My treat? I am on bed rest with my pregnancy and helpless to stop the rancid dog farts that are silent and smell like a burning septic tank exploded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 377
You deserved it 4 454

fartingdogprego tells us more.

fartingdogprego 0

Thanks for those that understand! Hubby--great guy, went on this trip to get paternity leave later. Timing just sucks with bedrest (high blood pressure, just precaution, can't drive, walk the dog, clean, cook, work, etc) and a dummy move to give the dog food he's not used to. Texas is too hot to leave him outside. My mom helps in the am before work, and his mom is helping in the pm after work. Cooler with food they are making me and the laptop are making it bearable, and friends/hubby call all the time on the cell. Can get up to use the restroom as needed. Just sucks to be in bed or on the couch with a farting dog and not able to walk him and get some fresh air.

Top comments

5 years on from the original post! How's the kid doing? :-)

AmayaR 12

Why did they show her answer so late and yes, how is the kid doing?

Comments

If you're on bedrest, shouldn't there be someone around to help you? And why is the dog in the room with you? This doesn't make sense.

call a friend, neighbor, dogsitting service to kennel the dog until he stops being stinky. no big deal.

tradit03 0

septic tank explosion. not exploded.

tradit03 0
skyeyez9 24

My dad fed my cattledog white castle's hamburgers without my knowledge, before I left for a long drive to FL. My dog farted nasty rancid farts the entire trip. My dad told me afterwards. Dog farts are the worst and capable of sending a roomful of people running. I feel for the OP.

pingpongpenguin 3

you don't know what you're talking about, 44..

pingpongpenguin 3

OP couldn't get out of the room to escape the smell, but could post a FML about this situation....0_o wtf.

Maybe, just maybe, it didn't happen on the day it was posted. Or she had a laptop near her bed. Or an iPhone or something.

If you're on bed rest, why would you be left alone in the house for two weeks? You'd have to get up to pee, to fix yourself food, to feed the dog, to let the dog out to pee/crap.... Suffice it to say that if you are indeed on total bed rest, you HAVE to have someone there to provide for your basic needs and monitor your condition. If you're not alone in the house, why not ask whoever is there to put the dog outside? Something just isn't adding up.

aww that sucks :( you should call somebody and ask if theyll take your dog until your husband comes back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ndu6ta45k&sns=em