By AreYouSerious - 27/08/2009 00:57 - United States

Today, my husband and I decided to take a romantic trip to the beach. We got pulled over, and shortly thereafter he was arrested. Just so happens you can't miss child support payments for your twelve year old daughter without getting a warrant. He has a daughter? We've been married for 14 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 816
You deserved it 3 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. **** your life, also **** the 12 year-old daughter's life for having a deadbeat dad.

Comments

TheCoyote 0

Don't you people realize that this could be a case of mistaken identity. The police are really bad about mixing people up....especially when it has to do with child support. They see a name on a warrant and bam that name pops up, you have that name your going to jail....just put any name in facebook and see how many people have that name....could be bad for you.

Not sure why anyone wants to blame anyone but the husband, given the facts here (How would she know the kid was twelve unless he 'fessed up and told her?), this is truly, madly, deeply, an FYL.

I really hope this is fake. Otherwise, it's the shittiest thing I've ever read. How sad for everyone involved. :(

hallietrue 0

I don't agree one bit with the most of you. I for one think this is BS. This is either made up or the OP is plain stupid. When you deal with child support you get letters and statements sent out regularly, at least once a month. Whether you pay or not. Their also would have been a court date to set up how the payments will work and how and when they will be made, and how much. Not to mention, if you fail to make payments on your own, after a fashion your wages from work would eventually be garnished (meaning they will take out a portion of your earnings and send it to child support without your consent.) Both my parents payed child support on me and my siblings, but we still got to see our parents regularly, they just didn't have custody because they felt they couldn't raise us properly, our grandparents raised us. The guardian of the child gets statements as well. They all constantly complained about the letters they got and how the DES was stupid..trust me, the OP would know if their husband had a child by another woman.

skullbuster 0

OP, darling, have someone grab the back of your neck to pull your head out of your ass. I mean, really, what is this - the 1950's. You mean to tell me that you never reviewed a bank statement, a paystub, anything to see that your beloved husband was sending out sums of money on a monthly basis to a payee unknown to you? I really hate these women who bury their heads in the sand, avoid any real responsibility in their lives by letting their husbands control everything, and then complain when reality is slapping them in the face. A single glance at the bank statements one month would have raised a question here (that is, a statement during a month where he actually paid his support). WAKE UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!

FYL, but YDI for not noticing that a certain amount of money went missing every month. Honestly, how could you not notice that once a month a decent amount of money was missing from your savings? It's not like it's easy to hide missing money if someone actually looks into it.

I really hope this is fake. Otherwise, it's the shittiest thing I've ever read. How sad for everyone involved. :(

Are you not reading anyone's comment? Chances are he probably wasn't making any support payments. Ergo, HIS ARREST. If he was making payments there would not be a warrant out.

skullbuster 0

He obviously made some payments, they don't let you go for a decade on your support payments. And, frankly, it doesn't seem as if this character was in hiding if they picked him up on a traffic stop!

How do we even know if they did have savings or not?