By Stuck - 12/02/2014 18:25 - United States - Evans

Today, my house is on lockdown. I recently moved to Georgia from Rhode Island to be with my boyfriend. The state is on high alert for an ice storm. I'm stuck inside with my terrified boyfriend, who's calling it "the storm of the century". I used to walk to school in this weather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 706
You deserved it 5 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

That sucks for all of us from the north but to be fair, they are not used to any type of snow or ice

CallMeWindSock 24

And in the north, 50 degrees is T-Shirt weather!

Comments

It's been pissing me off all damn week the way the South goes full retard whenever a flurry so much as touches the ground...it's snowed every 2 or 3 years since I've lived in Georgia and their half assed excuse is 'We don't usually expect this'? Yeah, whatever.

Half these comments are making it sound like we don't get ice in the north. Yes you guys got your inch of ice in the south.. We get ice in MA too. My jeep slides on it just like cars do in the south. You need to drive slower since you don't have the trucks to plow and salt the roads.

KaywinnetLeeFrye 15

Yeah, I'm in GA too. It sucks bit it's better than last week when they shut down the city because they tried to drive

Down south we're not prepared for snow. We don't usually have to worry about the cold weather, just like up north people usually aren't prepared for hurricanes, which is why Sandy was so bad. If Sandy hit New Orleans, we'd be just fine because we know what to do in that weather, but we don't know how to drive in snow and our houses aren't made to support the weight of snow on the roof. Different areas are used to different weather.

I feel your pain I've been without power since Wednesday

Take a trip to Wisconsin and then you can complain.

Go out for a walk or something if you can't handle being cooped up

*facepalm* Okay people, obviously you don't understand Georgia. We have TWO SNOW PLOWS in the whole mother ******* state. No one is used to all the ice, and some places in Georgia got 10 inches of snow.