By Stuck - 12/02/2014 18:25 - United States - Evans

Today, my house is on lockdown. I recently moved to Georgia from Rhode Island to be with my boyfriend. The state is on high alert for an ice storm. I'm stuck inside with my terrified boyfriend, who's calling it "the storm of the century". I used to walk to school in this weather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 708
You deserved it 5 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

That sucks for all of us from the north but to be fair, they are not used to any type of snow or ice

CallMeWindSock 24

And in the north, 50 degrees is T-Shirt weather!

Comments

You didn't have to move down to Georgia... You deserved it.

I acknowledge that the south doesn't have the equipment or experience to deal with this weather, and I completely respect it. A few things for the commenters though. First, I live in Chicago, and I have never seen snow chains in my life. No one I know has snow chains, or snow tires either (though, I have heard of snow tires at least). Also, we don't all have 4WD cars. I know plenty of people who drive RWD without chains or winter tires and drive just fine. So basically, please don't assume we have a bunch of fancy winter equipment. :)

I live in Georgia too. I moved from NH and the "snow storm" was absolutely nothing to be worried about

And there is nothing funnier to a Southerner than watching all the tough Northerners on here react to a hurricane! I vividly remember the northeast during Sandy. Seriously, every part of the world has different weather; accept the fact that not everyone is used to it the same.

xxreikoxx 31

Our reaction to a hurricane really isn't that different from your reaction to a hurricane. Then again, that's because said hurricanes are reduced to a category one or tropical storms by the time they reach us. :)

CommanderWoof 10

You may have walked to school in that weather, but you lived in a town that had plows and stockpiles of sand and salt to make the roads relatively safe. They lack those resources in Georgia...

MrZsDad 19

Smart move getting out of Rhode Island, grew up in the bucket myself. Make a packy run and smack him with a snowball. Wimp.

xxreikoxx 31

I'm a Rhode Island native. It's not as bad as you think it is, asshole.

Aaron_Luvz_U 9

Sadly I too live in Georgia and have all my life and thought it stupid everyone shut down because it was cold, it didn't even snow where I was!

HAHAHA that's great, my brother lives there and our family is from PA and he sent me pictures of the "snowstorm that shut down Georgia" lol meanwhile we were buried under a foot of snow and I still went to school because the roads were promptly cleared