By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

If her ex can make her happy, but you can't, then maybe you two are just not that compatible. Either way, you definitely need to talk to her about the future of your relationship. Better find out where you stand now than continue investing your time in a relationship destined to end in tears and heartbreaks.

Maybe, just maybe, if you dump her, or she dumps you, she'll do the same thing to her next boyfriend, by calling you. Just a thought, y'know.

Omg that is a horrible feeling I'm sure. There are many things it could mean, good or bad. Talk to her if you're unhappy because life is too damn short

Maybe they are sill friends and she needed to vent. While I'm not agreeing that it's okay , I think you both need time with friends and to vent when things are tough. Communication about it will be the key, even though a lot of couples never master this skill. Good luck .

Maybe you need to make her your ex if she doesn't communicate with you. But try talking to her first

I'm pretty sure if OPs girlfriend needed to talk to someone about OP or something relating to them both she would talk it out to someone else. Maybe she was planning on breaking up with OP but her ex talked her out of it. We don't know what they were talking about but just because she was talking to her ex doesn't mean it's always bad. She might have been thinking of how to talk to OP about their problems.

rabbi1010 29
havahnegila 22

I know that this is a difficult situation. But one thing I have learned is that if you have been in a relationship with someone you cannot be "just friends" after. Even if there is nothing going on right now, eventually something will happen. Also, communication is vital in a marriage. If you are not able to communicate your relationship would not survive. If this doesn't turn out well don't blame yourself. The dice is stacked against you since she is not fully invested in your relationship by talking to her ex.