Seek help

By Anonymous - 26/09/2022 12:00

Today, my girlfriend chose to hate-stalk her ex-best friend's social media, then angrily rant to me for over an hour about what she saw. This happens three or four times a week. They last spoke over a decade ago. The last time I suggested therapy, she didn't speak to me for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 045
You deserved it 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"She didn't speak to me for a week." That sounds like a worthy trade.

I don't think she's the only one in this story who needs therapy. Hint: It's not the ex-best friend, either. We have to figure out why you haven't dumped this piece of shit. How does that make you feel?

Comments

YDI. I would have dumped her after the second rant.

I don't think she's the only one in this story who needs therapy. Hint: It's not the ex-best friend, either. We have to figure out why you haven't dumped this piece of shit. How does that make you feel?

It won’t change. Either kick back with a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show or dump her. With luck, you’ll be the next subject of her hate-stalking.

"She didn't speak to me for a week." That sounds like a worthy trade.

OfficialMrD 3

My girl used to do this until i told her “how does this information help us further our lives? While you over here complaining about somebody that has no bearing on us or our lives, shes over here living hers. Stop worrying about somebody else and be happy about your own life”. I dont know if she stopped or if she just stopped talking to me about it but i feel better lol

Err, I know that everyone needs to vent sometimes, but eventually you need to look around and see the effect this has on others. Any person that can't do this is kinda selfish and deserves to be told to talk about something constructive, or let you vent once in a while. If this person can't make any compromise, then I don't know what to tell you. Erebody always so quick to say "break up," but maybe you are willing to accept her and her selfish flaw. Up to you, but it is a strong and damaging character flaw.