By sighoutloud - 16/10/2009 03:36 - United States

Today, my fiancé told my mom that she screwed me up. I now have to write an apologetic e-mail to her for something that I agree with, in order for her to stop calling me crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 985
You deserved it 3 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bullshit. Don't ******* lie to her. If you agree, then turn that e-mail into an eye-opener instead of an apology. Her bawling is unwarranted. If she really did screw you up, then she has no right. Ignore her if she doesn't get it.

.....am I the only one who doesn't understand?

Comments

don't be apologetic, just say that she's right but be gentle.

She's playing the victim and this might be the time to stand up to her. Check out books on codependency, like "Codependent No More" and "Beyond Codependency" because if you can't tell your mom that you think she didn't do a good job, and she can't accept that she didn't, then there's a problem. Also, your fiance sounds like an ass, and you might want to rethink staying with someone who would cause such problems between you and your family. What reason was there to tell your mom that, even if it is true? And if your fiance thinks you're messed up, then why are y'all together anyway? Seems like a very bad situation all around. Perhaps you might want to break up with your fiance and get your head straight, before marrying anyone. Oh, and I've been there, done that on the parents thing, but my dad stepped up and apologized for what he did, and it didn't take my fiance to tell him - I had talked about things with Dad at length while trying to get myself straight. Good luck.

What a dumbass. You don't know anything about women, do you? Or marriage? Or inlaws? Your life is now permanently controlled by your fiance/wife. Everything you now do for the rest of your life is wrong (even though these were the same things you were doing when she fell madly in love with you). Everything your parents have ever said or done is wrong. Your wife is perfect and always right (even if you only think she is wrong). Your inlaws are perfect and always right, even if you stupidly think they may have done something wrong. You have joined a club that was touting all kinds of benefits initially but would be very costly and practically impossible to try to get out of. At least you have lots of company! Oh, and I hope you don't enjoy sex. Because that will vanish faster than a new-car smell. Welcome!

@72: I may be reading a bit much into your comments, but I think you might be a bit unhappy with your own marriage. Might be time to man up, get a divorce, and start leading a life you don't hate.

I agree with 73, you look like you hate your own marriage So instead of going online, bitching about women and telling people never to get married like a sexist **** on a random site, man up, file a divorce and get over your hate issues

The OP was a woman, genius. So yes, she probably DOES know a lot about women.

Agree with you, #73. Also, 72, OP is a woman, and the fiance (as far as we know; I'm sorry if I'm wrong) is most likely male.

TallMist 32

Also, the fact that OP agreed with her fiance means the fiance was most likely right.

She's right, your mom did screw you up.

Smalls627 5

What a fucken asshole! I hope you beat the shit out of him