By Anonymous - 31/12/2011 08:44 - United States

Today, my favorite fish died. To make things better my parents thought to take me out to dinner. We ate sushi. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 579
You deserved it 6 641

Same thing different taste

Comments

To all the people saying "it's a fish, grow up": You're all idiots. To you it may be a fish, but to op it was a frikin' pet, A PET!!!!! You don't know op, or his life, or his human-animal relationship with his ******* pet. Honestly if you're saying this, you either: 1) Horrible fish owners 2) Tryin to fill that hole in your heart by insulting people who own a pet 3) View fish as a food source Either way you guys should shut the **** up!! Morons....

blueeyedwolf 10

Wait, how is viewing fish as a food source bad? Fish are tasty and wonderful sources of protein!

boarder540 12

And yet in the end isn't it still a fish?

ShroomsOnAcid 16

The point is that that fish was a beloved pet to the OP. Would any of you eat your pet dog, or cat? Some people view those as a food source too.

Because fish is food and some people will think that owning a fish is rediculous and the people who own them as total idiots.

blueeyedwolf 10

I didn't say anything bad about the OP losing a pet, it's indeed sad.. but that still doesn't answer the question as to why thinking of fish as food is a bad thing?

^ I'm kinda curious about that myself. My wife has pet fish, we eat fish, we have no problems with this. But, as a side note, for someone who acts so hostile, he does seem surprising compassionate towards people suffering loss. Interesting. :)

sneakypeekaboo 8

A dog is a pet. To some, even a cat is a pet. Fish are food.

amandavf1 0

I'm a vegetarian and I love animals. Sorry for your loss.

I'm not big on fish being a viable pet to feel emotion over since you can easily obtain a bunch of them for free, but it is understandable to feel a connection to something so small especially if it is OP only form of companionship. However, associating sushi with a pet fish is a bit silly since sushi can be something other than raw fish and OP could have easily ordered a variety without fish if he/she felt so emotionally attached to the fish.

So you can understand being emotionally attached to a $400.00 koi fish? But it's the ones that are free that can go to hell.... Hmmm...ok. Stay in the shallow end; pun intended.

Regardless of price, which never determines emotional connection, I did say I understand why someone would be emotionally attached to such a pet; therefore, my comment did show some sympathy for the OP.

How could anyone say YDI on this one? What the hell could this person possibly have done to deserve it? Seriously some of you need to get a life and stop randomly pressing YDI on every story because you think it's fun. seriously, that's lame

I once had a fish. My mum killed it and attempted to make sushi!

skyeyez9 24

When you care fora pet every day, you get attached and mourn when it dies. My dad has a koi pond with a dozen koi inside. One in particular named "molly" is 29yrs old and huge. As long as I remember, he had Molly in his pond. It would be sad to visit one day, and Molly doesnt swim up to you mouthing for food. You can pet her and she doesnt swim away.