By Liah12 - 05/03/2016 13:52 - United States - Holt

Today, my family picked a place for my birthday dinner. They chose a seafood restaurant. I'm allergic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 984
You deserved it 1 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are your parents stupid? On your birthday they pick something you can't eat? It's your birthday, should you pick the place?

A07 48

When you blow out the candles, look them in the eye and wish "to have better parents next year" out loud.

Comments

Are your parents stupid? On your birthday they pick something you can't eat? It's your birthday, should you pick the place?

Right? like , how stupid can you be to do that?

Either stupid or very, very shellfish...I mean selfish.

My parents did a similar thing to me one time, I wanted to go somewhere nice for my birthday (I was 14 at the time) but as it was my dad paying for it he said no at the last minute, and took us to a curry buffet knowing full well that I don't like spicy food. I can't imagine what it's like being taken somewhere that you're allergic to though, I hope they realised, OP.

Sit there and glare at them the entire time. Make them feel really guilty

Why did they pick a place you were allergic to? And why couldn't they go on their own time?

Did you let them know aft r or just hope that they remembered?

Yep. I told them about it last year and they promised not to do it again this year ...and they still do. And they wonder why birthdays aren't really important to me ..lbs

Hey come on! don't be so Sealfish !

Yeah, no need to get so crabby. You spelled shellfish wrong btw.

What's a sealfish? Sounds adorable.

PePziNL 20

Sounds like a new Pokémon.

aliciousness116 16

People don't get sarcasm here or what? It wasn't a spelling error.

aliciousness116 16

It's your birthday, only you should be able to pick a restaurant of your choice.

A07 48

When you blow out the candles, look them in the eye and wish "to have better parents next year" out loud.

OP can't say it out loud or it won't come true, and boy does that wish need to come true!

NotASquirrel 19

but then it doesn't come true

How can you stare both of them in the eye at once though?

NotGabe 28

#36 One eye per parent. Duh.

Ur birthday present must have been a pony or something to make up for that massive mistake.

Boy oh boy that is rough... I'd have waited for the waiter to take my order and said "Oh nothing for me, I'm allergic", then would have remained passive aggressive the rest of the night.

Those crabs cakes are to die for. I'll sea myself out now.