By Anonymous - 04/09/2013 17:28 - United States - Dell Rapids

Today, my entire gym class had to run the 1600 with our coach calling out finishing times. My finishing time was reported as "3 days short of a year." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 138
You deserved it 7 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that if he wants fast finishing times to go have sex with his wife.

CheeseTron 15

woah. you don't wanna give your coach third degree burns.

Comments

It's shocking that this generation is too unfit to run a single mile in a decent time. But feel they have the right to complain about a person that simply points it out.

Being mocked and having someone point something out can be two very different ends of the spectrum. I doubt (hopefully) that the OP would have complained had the coach said something like, "Hey, it took you xx minutes, which isn't really average for this age group, we need to work on that!"

rachaelb07 6

This is terrible for you, and you should be proud of yourself for finishing. Many, many people couldn't. However, your coach is f-ing hilarious.

j_ortiz27 7

C'mon it's just a mile. Should of took at the most 8-10 minutes maybe.

Naysire 1

I know that feeling but thats my own feelings not what the coach says.. our coach is pretty kind to me he knows about my stuff.. feels so bad :/

I would report the hell out of him. Teachers/coaches mocking students is unacceptable. As if adolescents don't have enough sh!t to deal with!

I've only had one reasonable/nice gym teacher, who was also my only fit gym teacher. He was the only one who actually listened to me, my mom, and doctors when we said I shouldn't be running or doing those weird stretches and such. My proportions are weird (long legs, short torso & arms, etc.) and my joints are weak, along with asthma and low blood pressure. My hip has actually popped out of place during gym from doing stretches, and my knee collapsed during the mile. Gym teachers can be jerks, and not because a kid isn't trying.

Hey, you got there in the end instead of quitting and that's all that should matter.

Is that supposed to be 4 minutes and 2 seconds? If so that's not that bad. At my school there were some people who took 10 minutes...