By jimmy_poison - 09/02/2015 00:19 - New Zealand - Hamilton

Today, my date bumped into her ex-husband, who decided to join us for the rest of the dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 229
You deserved it 2 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have reminded her he's an EX husband for a reason..

#1 is referring to our small population, where you're always bumping into people you know. But still no need for hashtags here sorry mate.

Comments

I would've gotten up and boldly asked her if she was OK that he joined!! if she said it's Okay, That's when I get up tell em both too have a grand ol time... and leave..

you could poletily have said f.ck off, sorry op. FYL

Sorry to hear about your date OP....I understand why you might have not told him to "get lost", since it was her ex-husband, and not a friend or co-worker. You probably have no idea what their relationship is like (eg) they might have kids together and have to get along, etc....but your date really should have sent him on his way (politely or otherwise). Seems lkle someone had unresolved emotional issues to deal with. Better that you find out now so you can address it without more financial, emotional, or time investments....Good luck...you are worth more than to be treated like so!

Should of orders the whole menu and then say you wanted to go to the rest room and then go home leaving them two with the bills

lol that's awkward.... and definitely messed up on her part haha I would of left

That is one hell of a way to ruin your ex-wife's day.

Charles900 16

Wow, that had to be awkward. I get why OP might not have wanted to say anything, but really, he should have known. If you're trying to be friendly with an ex, there's a time and place for it; when she's on a date is not it.