By StormSeason - 29/10/2012 12:03 - Australia - Sydney

Today, my dad watched the news and decided to start preparing for Hurricane Sandy by buying $300 worth of long-life and canned food. We live in Australia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 853
You deserved it 2 254

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When I heard about hurricane Sandy, the first thing I thought of was spongebob.

Darkmagic666 9

Well at least he can now be prepared for the zombie apocalypse?

Comments

When I heard about hurricane Sandy, the first thing I thought of was spongebob.

KiddNYC1O 20
oreily12 23

But what happen to all the other letters? I thought I would remember a hurricane that started with "Q"

^ Quagmire? I'm joking. But seriously, in Scotland we've only had 2 "hurricanes". Hurricane "Anny" and "Bawbag".

I don't know pin head seemed like the real damage

bballsoccerrocks 7

18- Do you remember what hurricane started with a? Or b? Or c? You only hear about the big ones

MagicGiraffe 12

18, they cycle tropical storm/hurricane names every few ears so just Google it. If I remember correctly they skip Q.

They always skip the awkward letters: Q, U, X, Y, Z.

They should make a hurricane Xenu. Scientoligists would worship it, and it'd be hilarious.

My mom keeps calling it, "Hurricane Sandy Cheeks"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Who lives in the sea, under a pineapple?

LiterOfCola 16

40: hurricane Andrew and Charlie off of the top of my head. You made a horrible example, because both of those were recent and category 5.

88, I wanna bet that 40 was referring to hurricanes from THIS year that started with a, b, or c..

oreily12 23

41. Thanks, that makes much more since to me now.

What I wanna know is what 72 thinks is gonna rhyme with "pineapple"...

PInK_ExCiTeD 7

Really? I thought "Where's dirty Dan?" Lmfao!

Btw that was a YouTube poop reference not Spongebob.

cokemollett 6

Bawbag lol next is hurricane clitwipe

theuglywhitekid 3
Jeterforever 3

Wow people these days...if he saw the news then you think he might notice the east coast of the USA?

You should admire your dad for being prepared. Even if he's prepared for something that's several thousand miles away.

StalkerChick 13

Exactly! You can never be too prepared.

unknown_user5566 26

While being prepared is generally a good thing, $300 seems like a lot of money to spend on something that will most likely not have any affect on you.

StalkerChick 13

I should have realized that sarcasm doesn't translate well in writing..

Steve95401 49

OP's dad is a smart man. Most parts of the world occasionally to deal with a natural disaster. Having emergency supies on hand is always a good idea.

peachesncreem 21

Well they did say on our local news channels that the hurricane was big enough to hit all 3 states on the east coast of Australia. Maybe that's why he was confused?

Darkmagic666 9

Well at least he can now be prepared for the zombie apocalypse?

Let's hope he knows how to work a manual can opener.

cis1den 0

Can goods spoil in Months guess it could hav been worst..>

CharresBarkrey 15

Have you ever participated in a food drive, 12? They specifically ask for canned foods because they stay good for a long time.

Ciraxas 7

Canned goods can last over a decade

cis1den 0

**You dont know that you stupid ****, unless you read the label.. I bet only 20% of most can foods can last more 2yrs!