By deviable - 09/11/2011 17:32 - Canada

Today, my dad was putting seasoning salt into his mashed potatoes, when the lid came off and poured a ton of salt into the pot. My parents hate wasting food, so we still had to eat it. I think my taste buds are broken. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 335
You deserved it 2 885

deviable tells us more.

My dad is very sensitive about his cooking. If I'd refused he would have made my life harder for the next few days. I said I liked someone's steak a little better than his, and it was a year before he cooked another steak. We generally try not to hurt his feelings.

Top comments

saIty 17

Only one way to tell. Eat some Brussel sprouts and if they're amazing your taste buds are broken.

gabrielbaby 9

That's disgusting! I hate when that happens.

Comments

I just googled how to remove excess salt from a dish. The consensus seems to be to add potatoes to the dish, as they will soak it up. On that basis, I don't see what your problem is.

Never mind your taste buds what about your heart!!

I don't think taste buds can break. Maybe they were just salted off of your tongue.

My dad forbids anyone from putting seasoning into the common dish (where everyone gets their food from) because it's up to the individual to season their own food to taste. I like this rule because my mother would load everything with salt and pepper and I hate pepper.

leadman1989 15

What's with people and this I HAD to business... was your Dad gonna throw you out if you didn't? YDI for being spineless.

leadman1989 15

Don't talk about what you don't know, both my parents could be dead. TTFO

My dad is very sensitive about his cooking. If I'd refused he would have made my life harder for the next few days. I said I liked someone's steak a little better than his, and it was a year before he cooked another steak. We generally try not to hurt his feelings.

leadman1989 15

95 - Now I imagine your dad being like the soup nazi from Seinfeld... Lol

ginger20037 5

OH GOD! We have the same dad! O.O Okay, not really, but my dad does that same thing

Actually it's pretty dangerous to ingest that much salt. Your gonna be sick in your stomach later. Like drinking sea water...

Not good for the kidneys, though you wont die from it this one time, its still not a clever thing to do!