By libraries are a girl's best friend - 19/07/2013 21:53 - United States - Elizabethtown

Today, my dad grounded me for swearing, after I read a funny comment on Youtube to my sister. The supposed swear word? "YOLO." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 944
You deserved it 35 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As far as I'm concerned, that is a swear word. Lol

Saying yolo is worse than saying a swear word.

Comments

YOLO is a stupid man's way of saying (and understanding) "carpe diem".

he should have grounded you for life.

Lonely Island explain YOLO the best. SOLO is better than YOLO

justmeCee 16

Did you explain to him what YOLO meant?

96 - She was already grounded, you sadistic bastard. Explaining the diarrhea that just came out of her mouth would have made it worse.

justmeCee 16

'Sadistic bastard?' Hahaha. You sound like a reject. If Op explains what 'YOLO means, maybe they will be ungrounded. Dumbass.

Try re-reading my comment. Do you see the bit that says "Explaining the diarrhea that just came out of her mouth would have made it worse"? That's called a "joke". She is grounded for saying "YOLO", as her father thinks it is a swear. YOLO is the epitome of stupidity. The joke is that explaining YOLO would have made the grounding worse because of the actions it is usually associated wit. I called you a sadistic bastard (in jest, as part of said joke) because of your recommendation to explain it. Do you get it now, or should I use smaller words?

justmeCee 16

I guess you're just not funny then, eh.

Oh, I knew that. Not going to stop me, though.

YOLO is a four-letter word. Although quotation marks should be placed around "word."

justmeCee 16

it's an acronym meaning "you only live once"

Thomas6792 7

"**** it, shit happens" is just as bad as yolo.

DenverWRX08 8

Good. "YOLO" is a sign of blatant stupidity, I'm glad he grounded you for it. Keeps the stupid off the streets.

I would ground you for saying YOLO too.