By hypercrite dad - 19/09/2014 18:34 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad found out I recently tried weed. He called me a useless waste of air and grounded me for the rest of the year. Then he went outside and smoked his third cigarette of the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 127
You deserved it 15 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Razi_tail 25

It sounds like your dad is a real gem to be around. Sorry you have to deal with such critics when he isn't much better. :/

Now that's a hypocrite if I have ever seen one cigarettes do worse damage.

Comments

There's a big difference between smoking weed and smoking a cigarette, so I don't understand this post as it's not hypocritical unless you were meant to say he had a doobie not a cigarette. Weed is an illegal drug where as tobacco is not illegal, he probably doesn't want you getting in with the wrong crowd and getting to the point where you have convinced yourself mentally that you're addicted to weed as your body cannot actually get addicted to it.

It does not matter matter if cigarettes are worse for you that weed is weed is illegal and that's the end of the discussion you totally deserve it

How about some revenge? Say, maybe cut his cigarettes in half and throw them away?

And when you're an adult, you can also do whatever you want.

Here is an idea, when you have your own place outside your parents home, then you can smoke weed and listen to that God awful music by Drake or Lil Wayne to your hearts content. Until then, you are under your father's rules, so suck it up. Yeah cigarettes are bad for you but he is an adult and pays for the roof over your head.

Your dad is probably addicted, and doesn't want you touching drugs of any kind so you don't go down the same path he went. He learned from his mistakes and doesn't want you making the same ones he must've made. Quitting smoking is not as easy as it sounds, and the process to quitting is more than just "never touching a cigarette again".