By InterestingMuch - 18/08/2015 14:48 - United States - Virginia Beach

Today, my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. I said thank you but informed him that my birthday is tomorrow. He told me that I was wrong and screamed at me for 20 minutes. When I still wouldn't agree with him, he hung up and turned my phone service off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 848
You deserved it 2 220

InterestingMuch tells us more.

InterestingMuch 18

The worst part about this is that he did this last year as well. Except last year, he called TWO days early and tried to shrug it off as a joke. This year, I think he was just super embarrassed and felt like crap. He DID turn my phone back on and called me today (the right day this time) and apologized. Said he was stressed from work. Maybe next year? 3rd time is the charm, right? I mean, he is getting closer to the right day....

Top comments

I bet he just didn't want to confess to not knowing his son's bday lol don't worry OP, he'll get over it

Comments

narnianstars 8

I know how you feel. My mom lost a bet to my brother about what year I was born. You'd think she'd remember what year she squeezed me out in.

Actually, your brain "forgets" the pain of the squeezing, so women would maybe want to do it again ... so it isn't strange that women tend to forget that part ... just saying

narnianstars 8

Oh I know. I've been pregnant twice and given birth three times (twins). They were pretty damn big events in my life so I figured it was the same with her. I don't hold it against her. We joke about it now. I just tell her it's early onset of dementia.

Thors_Hammer9999 17

next year he'll call the day after

Sounds like a very dogmatic person.

Well thought that counts on the birthday wish. Happy birthday!

This sounds like something my asshole of a father would do. Except he wouldn't turn my phone back on after. It'd be 'my fault'.

I know my parent's birthdays, but I usually call a day or two before because I'm so scared I'll forget and miss it-- better early than late! Too bad he couldn't see it that way!

at least in Germany it's believed to bring bad luck... to late is okay, but never to early!

Maybe put in your birthday in his cellphone ...