By InterestingMuch - 18/08/2015 14:48 - United States - Virginia Beach

Today, my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. I said thank you but informed him that my birthday is tomorrow. He told me that I was wrong and screamed at me for 20 minutes. When I still wouldn't agree with him, he hung up and turned my phone service off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 848
You deserved it 2 220

InterestingMuch tells us more.

InterestingMuch 18

The worst part about this is that he did this last year as well. Except last year, he called TWO days early and tried to shrug it off as a joke. This year, I think he was just super embarrassed and felt like crap. He DID turn my phone back on and called me today (the right day this time) and apologized. Said he was stressed from work. Maybe next year? 3rd time is the charm, right? I mean, he is getting closer to the right day....

Top comments

I bet he just didn't want to confess to not knowing his son's bday lol don't worry OP, he'll get over it

Comments

koganti 18

advance happiee b'day buddy...:)

Non c'è la faccio con questi scemi nella vita. I can't stand this stupid people in real life. Ni siquiera sé que hacer con gente de tal nivel de idiotez

aislinn_skye 10

The English translation is in there between the other two languages.

Hopefully he gives you back phone service for your actual birthday.

saffy66 34

Reminds me of my ex mother-in-law. Every year she called round a day late to wish my son a happy birthday; every year I had to produce his birth certificate before she'd stop haranguing me about not knowing when my own child was born. I mean, I was there...

TCRII 29

Happy Birthday! Don't argue with me... Today IS your birthday!

InterestingMuch 18
redheadedmonster 24

I mean I get he overreacted and he wouldn't listen to you about your actual birth date. But sometimes people are dead set on being right even if it's with the silliest things. I've found its better just to let them think what they want instead of arguing with someone who is worse than a 3 year old. Anyways happy birthday OP!!!

You now should have a Facebook full tomorrow...

InterestingMuch 18

I seriously feel like this was his idea! Haha.

InterestingMuch 18

The worst part about this is that he did this last year as well. Except last year, he called TWO days early and tried to shrug it off as a joke. This year, I think he was just super embarrassed and felt like crap. He DID turn my phone back on and called me today (the right day this time) and apologized. Said he was stressed from work. Maybe next year? 3rd time is the charm, right? I mean, he is getting closer to the right day....

Glad to hear your dad apologized. I hope you forgave him, stress is a hell of a drug. Anyway, happy birthday OP!

Don't feel too bad OP, this year is the first year in 6 years my Dad called on my actual birthday. Last year he got mine and my daughters birthdays mixed up (can't really blame him, they're only 6 days apart). Your Dad will get there, stress can do horrible things to people, sometimes they just need a break.

If it makes you feel any better it's been 4 and a half months since my birthday and my dad still hasn't said happy birthday.

Happy Birthday, OP! Maybe get his phone and program it into his calendar?

i wish my dad would call me I would like to talk to him once in my life but he never picks up the phone when I call

I had to call my dad the day before my birthday every year to remind him. Birthdays were not important to him and he just forgot they were important to anyone else.

TallMist 32

I know your birthday was 2 days ago, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy belated birthday OP! And don't worry, my dad forgets mine and my siblings' birthdays all the time

Sounds like my father, they can be incredibly irrational sometimes, but you got to love them

my two oldest kids were born two days apart literally two days apart different moms different dads I am forever getting them mixed up is Jane's bday the 20th or is it the 22nd or is Darren's birthday the 22nd and Jane's is the 24th? especially now that they're 50 and live 3000 miles away it's actually kind of a family joke now