By anashaalmajiid - 05/03/2009 23:26 - United States

Today, my dad and a construction worker were having a long talk. I heard the door slam, and assumed that this worker had left. So I yelled out "Hey dad what were you talking about? Did you talk slowly so the idiot could understand?" Turns out my dad was the one who had walked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 879
You deserved it 68 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why you don't call random people an idiot, idiot.

You really deserved it. What do you gain in assuming that construction workers are stupid?

Comments

ooo ouch @ comments. although i do agree. be extremely nice to public service job people. you don't want them spitting in your food... or on your pipes?

how dare you assume a construction worker is an idiot? my father is a construction worker. i hope that construction worker nailed a 2x6 down your back and across your arms then hung you up for all the other construction workers to see. Waaaiiiit...

Chocolate_Chunk 2

Usually it's a carpenter that gets hung up, not a stupid client :)

#8 & #9 said it the best. I think YOU are a complete idiot.

#9, #13, etc... As far as we know, the OP was complaining about a single construction worker, not construction workers in general... Even if he were, my dad is a construction worker too and even he would agree that a good majority of construction workers are lazy morons.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

But since there's nothing in the FML that proves otherwise, we're going to assume he's just being an asshole :p

In case you people didnt realize, the person who wrote this is an INDIAN, therefore thats why he asked his dad if he had to speak slowly because it is difficult to understand people with INDIAN ACCENTS! Its pretty dumb that he asked that not knowing who was there BUT he isnt calling construction workers stupid... idiots.

blackfiredudette 0

...Why would you say that? Why would you ever assume that someone you don't know is an idiot?

So, canadiangirl, what you're saying is that Indian people are stupid because they have accents? I think that you win the Idiot Prize here, seriously. I cannot believe anyone would assume intelligence because of someone's job or ethnic background. :(

carebear 0

thats not what she was saying.. she was saying the thick accent is sometimes hard to understand, not that they were stupid. however... it was stupid to call him an idiot. don't be stuck up.