By schooyou101 - 17/11/2012 13:34 - United States - Prairie Village

Today, my crush finally agreed to spend the night with me. I told my parents to act normal for one night. Apparently, "normal" is strutting around naked and acting like a chicken. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 115
You deserved it 6 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your parents allow random crushes of yours to spend the night at their house? I'm guessing you're an adult living in your parents' house.

saIty 17

Wearing clothes and acting like a normal person is too mainstream.

Comments

Just tell your crush its a ritual your parents do before they go to bed and she better join them so they don't take it as disrespect.

I think I'm going to have to say you deserve it. You can't tell your parents to act normal. You can ask them for some privacy & to respect your guests but you can't ask them to act a certain way. The reality is you can't ask anyone to change who they are, they have to want to change. I think your attitude is a bit childish, I'm saying this because of your user name, OP. It's not the end of the world but what they did is embarrassing. But at least be grateful they allowed a crush to stay over. It's not common. Next time I recommend, not asking your crush to sleep over if you want to avoid this. I also think you deserve it because you obviously knew your parents weren't "normal" to your standards.

Wouldn't you think that "normal" means exactly that; respecting your guests? If I had a child, I would understand that they wouldn't want to get embarrassed in front of their crush. The parents are acting like assholes on purpose. Also, the reality is that you ask someone to change and PROVIDE YOUR REASONING. If they agree with you, they change. And since this person is merely a "crush", I don't think OP should have asked their crush to stay over in the first place.

The crush could have been someone OP was already friends with but not in a romantic relationship.

perdix 29

Was it both parents or just your dad? Roosters strut around and try to run off any new roosters who try to come to the henhouse. So, if it was your dad, he was just being *Lowers sunglasses* cocky.

Your parents allowed you to have a crush spend the night? I'm going to assume you're an adult, living with your parents. In which case, you deserve it!

schooyou101 5

Nah im 16 and my parents trust me and they are chill

Well, they weren't so "chill" going by the FML itself.

perdix 29

#49, parents who let boys sleep over with their 16-year-old daughters are not normal. Especially daughters who use run-on sentences and no punctuation.

Yeah they are not normal they are awesome

I'm 15 and my mom wants my crush to come spend the night,in seperate rooms of course.

Your parents are letting your crush stay the night? That's bad parenting. Remember, safety first! Don't be silly, wrap your silly.

bored1091 4

Your parents were cool with you having a sleep over with ur crush

SApprentice 34

32- I agreed with the idea behind your statement, until you added "any parents". What if your mate happens to be a parent? I'd certainly hope that you'd be willing to be naked with them.

I think perhaps it is wrong to assume that OP is a girl or an adult..or that spending the night with a crush at their house with their parents' permission means that OP planned to get their freak on with them. More information is needed for me comment on this situation accurately.

"Well, I don't want you to cure him, Doc, we need the eggs."

RedPillSucks 31