By I can still feel it... - 24/08/2018 19:30 - United States - Midlothian

Today, my contact split completely in half at a wedding. Not only did I interrupt the vows with my scream of pain, but I was only able to fish out half of it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 841
You deserved it 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MannyWasHere 12

At least it happened during the vows and not during the “if anyone imposes on this holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace”

Comments

that sucks, but you are married, that is amazing!

Burle 17

Don't think the wedding was hers, says "at a wedding" not "at my wedding"

Wow! First your period, now this! It may have been the happiest day of your life, but certainly not the luckiest.

I've had my contacts tear and split in half before and it didnt hurt. I'm not sure why it hurt you, especially that much.

That’s gonna make it hard to catch the bouquet. Of course, nobody’s rooting for the woman who grabbed the spotlight during the high point of the ceremony.

MannyWasHere 12

At least it happened during the vows and not during the “if anyone imposes on this holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace”

Wait!?!? Isn’t it “hold your piece?” That’s what I’ve been thinking all these years, wondering what piece we should hold.

and this is exactly why I wear glasses. All the time.

Hey guys, OP here. First of all, no, it was not my wedding. No, I did not have my period like some of you are thinking. Some background information, I use Dailies, which are naturally thin (you're supposed to wear them for two days at the most). My eyes get irritated easily, so I was lightly rubbing them, trying to ease the itchiness. I went to the eye doctor the next day (this happened a month ago-ish) to see if he could take the other half out. He couldn't find it, but over a couple days, the discomfort slowly disappeared. I think it just fell out while I was asleep. Yes, it hurt a lot. Yes, I'm still wearing contacts. And yes, the bride was concerned and forgave me. I caught her bouquet at the reception.

glad you're ok and that the other half of the contact probably worked it's way out during sleep. btw the 'period at wedding' that people have commented on, is probably referencing the other fml where the bride got her's a week early and it stained her dress. in fml' comments if a couple fml's have similarities ppl tend to joke it's happening to the same person.

ChromoTec 24

That once happened to me in the morning, and I didn't get the other half out until 7th period choir at school