By drkate25 - 04/06/2013 16:28 - United States - Enfield

Today, my cats were making a ton of noise rolling around and fighting over their toys, and I yelled for them to knock it off. When they looked up at me, their "toy" ran away. Not a toy, but a real mouse. It's been 2 hours, and I still can't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 473
You deserved it 11 821

drkate25 tells us more.

They were definitely playing! They did catch it again, ironically enough, in this little pop-up 'mouse hunt' toy tent thing. I managed to trap it and get it outside safely, though they miss their toy.

Top comments

Just more proof that cats are smarter than people and will someday take over the world.

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Don't worry, it probably thinks of you as it's savior. You are a god now.

Comments

meaganxo 14

Lol, oh god that would suck.

Bravo for that entirely helpful comment. Now OP can feel good knowing others agree with her.

PulseShock 9

I would expect nothing more from a girl doing the duck face in her profile picture. they say a picture is worth a thousand words..I think only one needs to be used to describe her...

Not a duck face, thats a "kissy" face... Theyre different...

meaganxo 14

I love how I got some rude messages being told to kill myself over this. Some very rude people on here.

Just more proof that cats are smarter than people and will someday take over the world.

No! Not if we have our way. Those cats are too evil to rule!

PrincessLiLi_fml 7

And apparently inefficient at killing mice.

RedPillSucks 31

They may be indoor cats and hadn't learned that skill. Also, cats don't always kill right away. Sometimes they just play their prey to death.

They were definitely playing! They did catch it again, ironically enough, in this little pop-up 'mouse hunt' toy tent thing. I managed to trap it and get it outside safely, though they miss their toy.

21- not inefficient, they're creating a sustainable method. There was more than one cat, so they knew one mouse wasn't enough for the both of them, but if they keep that mouse weak and tired and wait for more mice to arrive, they can eat and play with as many mice as they both(all) can eat, without depleting the mice population. Cats rule.

yeah at least ur mom goesnt wakr u up at 2 am for 3 hrs to catch a mouse she saw

MissWhitneyB 17

Cats away, well the mice will play :(.

That's my favorite unknown nursery rhyme! I remember when I first heard it at...

twaumat 28

should have let them play...

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Don't worry, it probably thinks of you as it's savior. You are a god now.

To be fair, your cats are probably more pissed off than you are. That was going to be the highlight of their month

I smell Fancy Feast and belly rubs coming their way as an apology. Of course, it's still like getting someone the shrimp appetizer after tossing their lobster dinner away, but it's the thought that counts.

shadowedpixie 19

It's just a mouse. It won't hurt you. Chances are, your cats will find it for you (again).

First the cats came for the mouse, but I said nothing, for I was not a mouse

RedPillSucks 31

It might not hurt you but it can get into the walls and do some damage, like to the duct work or electrical lines, etc. Or it could die in some place that you can't reach easily and you're stuck with this smell in your house that you can't remove.

If all else fails you should find TopCat. I hear he lives in a garbage can near a telephone pole, hangs out with his other cat friends too and has a very oblivious police officer as a human friend. He'll find anything for you, if the coin is right.

if that doesn't work then calmly burn the house down

I don't think the landlord would appreciate your logical solution.