By kittyboo_is_me - 19/11/2013 06:59 - Slovenia - Maribor

Today, my cat has figured out that while I'm good at sleeping through her nagging in the early morning hours, I will unfailingly wake up for my baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 386
You deserved it 4 221

kittyboo_is_me tells us more.

kittyboo_is_me 10

No need to get rid of the cat, she's good to both my baby and my older son and I have absolutely no fears regarding her and the kids. I still have no clue how she does what she does, I assume she either meows in their room long enough to wake up the baby or she paws him through the rails of the crib until he wakes up. She has food available at all times, so that's not an issue (and she's really thin btw). Pretty sure she just wants to go outside to do whatever it is cats do at night (roam, hunt, interact). I might have to try the dark room suggestion though, thanks for reminding me - it was the only thing that got her to stop peeing all over the house. That or throwing her out of the house at night altogether, nevermind the cold. Sleep is precious, especially with a baby in the house.

Top comments

so she attacked the baby? damn that's a smart, evil cat.

I'm confused. Do you mean she terrorizes your baby at night or that she imitates the baby's cries?

Comments

Inside house cat should suddenly become outside house cat at night when you are sleeping.

The OP said she might do that. You're not the only ones who thinks that.

The cat already goes outside, so it's an inside/outside cat. If it stays out all night to keep baby from waking I think it will be very capable of taking care of itself.

Cats are clever little *******. So are kids. You are so, so screwed.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

my cats will come lie on me and purr until one of us gets up and feeds them and one of them will meow at the door until he gets let out. I honestly dont see an issue with this. it takes like two minutes before Im back asleep in my bed. I find it to be a decent way of training myself for parent hood, if I ever have a baby.

samimarie199 22

It's ok op my cat knows how to open doors, turn on water in the bath tub, and knows how to turn my laptop on and off. She taught herself all of it.

Time for the cat to be locked out or find a new home.

Kinda harsh. Wtf? Would you do that to your animal, attention ***** kitty or not haha

kitkatmiaow 21

#6 Yeah, dogs never do any harm to anyone! ... O wait! When I was a child I was hospitalised by a dog... A dog with no history of temper. It had a brainstorm n attacked he first thing it saw... Me. You see it in the news all the time, dog attacks someone , kills someone etc.

My cats act like that sometimes. Just pet them a little and they'll usually just go to sleep. Thats what mine do atleast