By drixxy - 29/08/2012 15:01 - United States - Irvine

Today, my car was towed for the second time in front of my own house. They tried to tell me it was because they didn't think I lived there anymore. The person who had it towed had just spoken to me not three hours before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 170
You deserved it 1 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like they have a personal problem with you. FYL

adamjohnson 5

Clean up around your house so it looks like you live there

Comments

Now it's your turn to call the towing company and have their car towed. Sounds like your neighbor is either stupid or an ass

It's time to put up a sign to show people you live here. I suggest the "Sex offenders live here" sign, if not the you might want the "Gary was here, Ash is a loser" sign.

I have like 4 bus stops LITERALLY right in front of my house. All the parents that couldn't imagine letting their kids walk home then come park in my lawn. I'm thinking about a sex offender sign like this.....

TheDrifter 23

I got a 300 lb Grand Pyranese/ Irish Wolf Hound cross. Nobody comes in my yard anymore and they don't think I'm a pedophile.

skullofdarkness 18

I vote for the "Gary was here" sign! You rock for making that reference! XD

You could just spray paint "Free Candy" on a banner, and hang it on your garage.

Tez122 6

i hope you had it towed back for FREE

Bigmoneyshotz 0

I'm a firm believer in whats good fir The goose is good for the gander except I would one up them and send a demolition crew to their house and say sorry didn't know that you still lived there!

I'm confused if it was parked on the street in front of your house, why would a private company tow it? If it were towed as an abandoned vehicle as you described, the local authority would have to place notifications on it, and monitor it for at least five business days. My point is, you're in a strong position for a civil lawsuit.

Obviously I don't have all the details (what the note said, time frame, emergency circumstances, where your vehicle was parked, who towed it/why), but just because it was towed doesn't mean they should have or legally can. The implications of allowing other people to have people's vehicles towed without warning/notice is pretty obvious.

Oh, my humblest apologies for daring to post a simple little pun. A thousand pardons!! Please forgive me, sir!

Apparently you're too blind to see that this is a pun on tow and totally made by Doc the pun teller.

wildsweetchild 19

I think they simply don't give a shit..they know you'll have to pay them to get your car back, so for them it's just a payday...sorry OP..maybe there is a way to write a complaint on that company..I don't know what are your laws over there.. But good luck..you can also always put a huge sign that says that you still live there.

Oh wow, seriously?! That person either doesn't like you or has a short term memory.