By Anonymous - 12/11/2018 18:00

Today, my brother threw a mug at my head and threatened to stab anybody who came at him because I woke him up for school. I called the police after threats were thrown at my mom, who then lied to them and said I overreacted. I'm currently getting the silent treatment from my family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 294
You deserved it 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mother is the kind of person who raises future Ethan Couches and Brock Turners. Here's hoping you get out of that environment quickly.

Comments

Deez_Knots 10

Dude, **** him. Let him miss school or whatever. If I were you I’d look out for myself from now on cuz obviously there’s some issues and they don’t appreciate u

TxKitten79 10

You did the right thing, and I'm sorry your family is more worried about keeping up appearances than getting your brother the help he needs. I've seen a situation like this before, and the sibling did harm others in the family. You may consider talking to a school counselor for advice. But be prepared, as mandated reporters, the school official might make reports. it's a tough situation to be in, and it's not fair to you.

indienerdgirl 27

I feel like if OP felt scared enough to call the cops it wasn't jus time stupid sibling fight. Usually most people call the cops on family when things have gotten physical before. For all we know OP's brother does tend to get physical when angry. Or maybe OP overracted. But I know my siblings and I have threatened each other when we annoyed one another but never to the point we were scared enough to call the police.

I don't want to belittle your experience or what your brother did. But unless he did similar things in the past this behaviour can be a sign of depression or PTSD. So maybe he should actually go and see a doctor about it. He could just be an entitled arse though. Anyway no matter why he did it your mom reacting like she did won't help him or you.

Well maybe you shouldn’t have woken him up for school.

chai tea 6

Just keep reporting and don't let them intimadate you. Your brother needs help.

Xavier K. Valdez 8

For real, get evidence by using a camera to capture crazy-ass events like that. More than positive whatever was used to type that FML had a camera installed. If no one does anything, it may make a good YouTube vine lol