By DeeDee - 04/02/2014 22:08 - Austria - Vienna

Today, my brother came to my first standup comedy act. He'd apparently read my material beforehand, and kept finishing my jokes for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 735
You deserved it 5 441

Same thing different taste

Comments

If you were REALLY good, you'd have treated him as no more than a heckler and owned him in front of your entire audience. I love watching hecklers get owned. I think it's the best part of small standup comedy acts.

I imagine as a first-timer OP was pretty nervous, and not really prepared to deal with heckling of that scale.

I once told my family I was just thinking about giving standup a go and they started heckling me. I don't know what it is about family.

i thought most of standup comedy now was more of funny story telling and not things with punch lines.

buttcramp 21

I would have stopped my act, announced to the staff you'd like this person escorted out, waited for it, then continued.

SkylaChristian 18

That's just low. I think you should keep trying though.

You should of resorted to a classic heckler slam line along the line of "Sorry I don't speak ********" or "Sorry I guess i forgot to mention this is a soliloquy, now shut the **** up before I make you cry in front of all these nice people"

graphicstyle7 17

Well, did the jokes work? Next time, don't tell him where you're appearing.

Quick, first thought. Mine was, "What an asshole." Then, "I wish I thought of that."

It sucks that your own douchebag brother was your first heckler...but come on, your a comedian and he is your brother. With all the dirt you have on him from childhood, you could have ripped him 20 new assholes, taught that ****** a great lesson, and gotten roars of laughter. Life lesson: don't let those ******* hecklers win.