By Foam - 26/12/2009 06:10 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend went in to kiss me. He came in too aggressively and passionately and his front tooth knocked against mine. I am now missing a third of my right front tooth. Average cost for a dental crown? $900. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 680
You deserved it 3 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you have very weak teeth to me, but I guess it depends how hard he hit you.

My sister had exactly the same problem a few months ago. How could it possibly cost 900? My sister had to pay 50 and her tooth looks better than ever.

Comments

Good thing you're not going to have to pay for it, right? It's his fault.

TryToBeKind 0

I'm sure if he's a normal person, he feels really bad about it and would help you save up to get it fixed. Maybe he'll cheer you up and tell you you look cute that way (hey, my girlfriend looks adorable with her broken tooth). THis was an awful, freak accident. You didn't deserve it.

So I take it that Michael Moore's Sicko film lied when they said that Canada has amazing health care at no cost beside the fee? Shit I would just drive to my mom's dentist in TJ he's amazing.

I know how she feels in kindergarten I broke my permanent two front front teeth on the play ground, I now have false teeth but I'll be getting crowns when I'm older

hahaha =] the same thing happened to me when i was like 5. except it was from my dog jumping on me. and lucky for me it was my baby tooth =]

oh i know, my front tooth needs a crown too, right now it has this temporary thing that's darker and larger than my other teeth, so it looks pretty bad right now. HOPEFULLY i won't need a root canal though :)

Yes, but with your "free" healthcare, you should have a new tooth in about 7 months. YDI for living in Canada

It's still better than what we have in the stupid USA

Speaking as a Canadian, dental care is NOT free here. Same story when you visit an optometrist or chiropractor, or seek services that could be considered cosmetic (i.e. treatment for mild acne), though most other services are covered. It's really not necessary to bash Canada's healthcare system - we don't pay hundreds upon hundreds each month for health insurance nor do we pay thousands for hospital stays. And if one so desires, private clinics and hospitals are also available here for immediate but expensive care. So really, she'll have that crown whenever she decides to book an appointment with her dentist.

Actually, what we have in the "stupid USA" is quite good.. if you can afford it & if you live in a nice neighborhood - not the majority of Riverside, that's for sure. Canada's healthcare is fine, but compared to the healthcare that's possible in the US, I would say that I prefer US healthcare by a huge amount.

Lol health care is the LEAST of the USA's problems. and actually Riverside isn't bad, depends where you live. This country isn't all that people make it seem.

Dentistry is NOT free here in Canada. in 2009 alone I have paid $1000 out of my own pocket for dental work. I was unable to afford a dentist until recently and when I was a kid, my mom never wanted to pay for dental work for us, just for herself.

Cerauno 0

Make your boyfriend pay for that shit!

c11k 0

You can totally get some bonding done to cover that stuff up and it's just as good as a crown. That is, unless, your teeth are too decayed to save the whole thing...then yes, the crown will be better. Either way, your dentist will most likely suggest the bonding and then will want to watch the tooth for a few months to make sure the trauma doesn't kill the nerve. If that does happen, then you'll need a root canal and crown.