By Upset - 10/06/2013 23:35 - United States

Today, my boyfriend threw out my old voicemail recorder, thinking it was junk. My father passed away years ago. I kept a recording of the last voicemail he'd left me on it so I'd always remember his voice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 82 028
You deserved it 4 224

Same thing different taste

Top comments

drayloon 50

This is why i hate it when people throw out my shit without asking first

This is actually really depressing. Sorry OP. I hope you can continue to remember your father in a different way.

Comments

drayloon 50

This is why i hate it when people throw out my shit without asking first

Damn that sucks I sorry and I sorry for the people who actually thought that ydi!!!!

And that's when you dump the idiot for throwing something of yours out before asking first. -.-

And that's why I no longer have an snes or an N64.

perdix 29

#1, Except when you are literally talking about shit. You ought to be happy that someone gets rid of that.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

43, your comment is so much worse than the fml. It really touched my heart strings..I miss Star Fox :(

ervington 8

43- My N64 was thrown out too

bamagrl410 31

I wouldn't just be sad, I'd be pissed. Things like that aren't replaceable, and he had no right to touch OP's stuff.

@70: Wow, really? Just get another SNES and N64 off of Ebay. Short of recording a séance session with her father, OP is not going to be able to replace that recording.

This is actually really depressing. Sorry OP. I hope you can continue to remember your father in a different way.

twaumat 28

this is the second really depressing FML in the last few days, what the heck?

FMLs aren't exactly cheery #58. My condolences Op, I hope you still have other things you can remember him by, memories are most important.

dontpanic_fml 32

You seem new to fml, 115, so that must be why you missed the fact that in general, fmls are lighthearted, laugh-cuz-I-understand, relatable, and even cringe-inducing, but seldom truly saddening. I remember an old one (2009 maybe?) regarding mental abuse that was really bad. There have only been a few.

So sorry for your loss...remember the memories and talk about him. It will keep him alive in your life.

gameofthrones_fml 12

Hopefully you have some home videos to remember him by and can hear his voice that way

Sorry OP, I don't think he would have done that on purpose...

OhDearBetrayal 25

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Even if it wasn't on purpose, why is OP's boyfriend throwing out OP's things?

The heck he did he did do it on purpose why is he throwing your stuff out anyway?

PimpdaddyCJT 13

You will always have memories but sometimes they aren't enough. Sorry :(

Sorry for your loss, OP. That's horrible. I hope he feels sorry

theres been a few really sad fml posts lately, just remember all the good times you had with him OP, there should be more to remember him by then just his voice although losing that connection is awful

This is a really sad FML, I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you'll cherish his memory forever! But maybe you should have shared the existence of this recorder with your boyfriend, I'm not saying he's right in throwing it out though...

You should dump him, I mean, he threw away something that belonged to you without asking first. It's disrespectful, and if he doesn't respect you, he's not right.

Although I don't approve going through someone else's stuff and deciding for them what can and cannot be tossed, it's hardy a reason to break up with 'm. Don't be so rash. I'm pretty sure OP's boyfriend's feeling bad about it now he knows what it meant to OP and will be more attentive in the future. I'm sorry for your loss OP.

I really hate when people immediately jump to "Dump him!" I'm sure he wasn't trying to hurt her. Maybe he just isn't the brightest crayon in the box in that he didn't even ask if it was okay to throw it out. FYL, OP.

I actually agree. Even if it was an accident that might be a deal breaker for me. Not because of blame but because I don't know if I could 100% get over it.

I actually agree. Even if it was an accident that might be a deal breaker for me. Not because of blame but because I don't know if I could 100% get over it.

Really? Just dump him? Do YOU know how long they were together? Nopr. They were obviously together long enough for him to feel comfortable removing what he thinks is junk (though it's not right). Maybe they were moving in together. Maybe they already WERE living together.

keeping a voicemail recorder woth a message f om a loved one who has passed away... sounds like a movie

cherry72 13

@#10 your post was really insensitive.

There is such a thing on basing movies on real life.