By loko0909 - 21/10/2015 02:00 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, my boyfriend of 6 years broke up with me. That would have been fine, if we hadn't just moved in with his mother a week ago to save money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 660
You deserved it 2 084

loko0909 tells us more.

I made an account because this is my FML and wanted to comment on all the questions and whatnot. My boyfriend and I had been having problems for a while now, but we just had a beautiful daughter 7 months ago, so we wanted to do our best to make things work. The place we were renting had been sold and we didn't really have the money to afford a deposit and rent towards a new place since I was only working part time due to the baby, so we moved into his moms to save up for it. When he told me he wanted to break up, I knew in my heart that it was the right thing. Forcing something that wasn't meant to be isn't the way to go. His mother is an amazing person and isn't forcing me and my daughter out, rather helping me find a better job, get my license, and generally get my life together before I move out. He is actually looking for a place to move out himself. And it isn't at all awkward between us living together right now, especially since he is in the basement in his own room and I'm in the room upstairs with my daughter. We are taking the mature route, trying to stay friends for our daughters sake, and there really isn't any bad blood between us since I knew in my heart it was time to split as well. although it wasn't the best idea to move in with his mother but there wasn't any other viable options. I'm just thankful his mother understands my situation and is doing what she can to help me get back on my feet.

Top comments

Comments

Moving in with mum for any reason is a big red flag in my book.

We moved in with my in laws for 5 months between when our lease ended and when we bought a house. It allowed us to save an extra 20k which we applied to our down payment and let us afford our dream home. Sometimes moving in with parents, for the short term, is a smart financial decision.

You were able to save an additional 20k in only 5 months? Wow! Share your secrets lol!

My in laws were generous enough to allow us to live with them rent free and utility free. Plus we had just paid off our 2 (used) cars.

wow well atleast the only problem is you have to move could have been worse

Sounds like a real mommas boy. You're better off OP

my ex did the same to me just after Xmas. convinced me to move out of my flat Into her only for her to kick me out a few months later. and she keept a load of my stuff.

You don't do that to somebody. He wasn't worth it in the first place if he would do something like this or he just didn't think it through.

Moving in wrote mom for any reason is a dangerous move, since you dated the guy for 6 years I presume by now you are old enough to know that. I understand financial difficulties can test the strength of the relationship, but nothing can compare to the destructive force of moms being around. Ydi

and you're an asshole if you think they deserve it.

They don't deserve to be kicked out, but OP doesn't seem to have her shit together, imo.

if you were really in love that wouldn't have been "just fine"

Is there more to the story? I broke up with my ex under similar circumstances. He got drunk, lost the savings gambling and then drove into my car in my parents driveway. He was all like "Why did you let me move in here just to kick me out?", like "Because you're being a ******* idiot now!"..