By Ima in Hungary - 22/03/2012 12:06 - United States - Silsbee

Today, my boyfriend drove to my house to break up with me. He only did so after I'd vacuumed the whole house to compensate for his cat allergies. I thought he was just coming to dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 789
You deserved it 2 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DrNuggetcase 3

That sucks, but at least your house is clean!

atleast he didn't just text a break up. but still. shouldn't have made you vacuum..

Comments

Did you then throw the cat in his face? Turn about is fair play right? ~smirks~ ~^*..*^~

^ Hardly fair for the poor cat! Under-hand throw, at least? ;p

Turn about for? He didn't do anything to her.

She cleaned & fixed dinner- he broke up with her. Tit for tat- it was an off the fly remark. Dang people are sensitive today.

Rocky007 15

Maybe if you'd gotten rid of the cat you'd still have a boyfriend.

16 - any girl who changes herself for a guy is in for a life of suppression. what happened to 'be yourself'? If he doesn't like cats, he's not for you.

Sure, get rid of your possessions just to please someone else. Moron...

Look on the bright side; clean house, he broke up in person with you, and now you can move on to bigger and better things. If you were considerate enough to vacuum for his allergies you'll probably land a new fantastic boyfriend soon.

Hopefully OP can find a new boyfriend that isn't allergic to cats. It's a win-win situation.

dorko_is_me 6

Return his stuff with cat hair on it :] oopsy!!

Put the contents of the vacuum in his backseat. Then, put on your highest heels, get all dolled up, call your girlfriends up, and celebrate your new found freedom. Take the money and time you would have spent on him and spend it on yourself. In this game of life, you have to be in tune with your star player.

Why are people advocating revenge? All the man did was break up with her. She doesn't indicate he was mean or cheating or in any way deserves mistreatment. Grow up. Most relationships don't last forever; ending one that didn't work for you doesn't automatically make you evil.

Well, apparently he's only out there for personal gain. There's better out there OP, I'm sure you'll find the right one! ;)

Llama_Face89 33

Hey he could have been an ass about it and txted or called to break up or found someone to do it for him. But he had enough respect for you to do it in person. I'm sure you'll find another guy. One who likes cats.

Kraft92 8

All the comments saying put cat hair on his things, that's pretty damn petty. It seems like a simple breakup can't happen anymore without someone trying to hurt/get payback on the other.

Llama_Face89 33

Even if for no other reason than that putting cat hair on something that belongs to someone with allergies can put them in the hospital and land you with a law suit.

Sometimes selfish isn't such a bad thing, especially after a breakup. If she doesn't prioritize to get herself out of her funk, no one else will. Take FML advice with a grain of salt. No SANE person would actually harm someone they just broke up with. It's just for the giggles.

Atleast you have a nice and clean house now. Your life as a cat lady can begin with a good start.

AAAWWWWWWW man that sucks, you spend all that time cleaning up the pussy hairs, just to have your boyfriend break up with yo.................... OH, wait a mintue, you mean THE pussy hair, I thought something else... Well at least he was man enough to do it in person rather than over the via pr via text. Sorry OP.

Darn.... I meant to say *over the phone or via text* I have no idea what happened there........ :)>