By carla6991 - 09/10/2013 20:16 - United States - Dade City

Today, my boyfriend blew me off yet again because he claims he has a responsibility as a "crew leader" to train and recruit members at all times, to accommodate all time zones. GTA V is ruining our relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 256
You deserved it 7 934

carla6991 tells us more.

carla6991 13

I actually do play with him and am commissioner of the crew and am a bit of a gamer myself. However, I require a bit more than 2 hours of sleep and don't feel like playing during every bit of spare time I have. We had a talk about it last night though and he agreed to cut down when I'm home from work so we'll see!

Top comments

krash357_fml 7

Join the crew! Totally worth it!

The only way to solve this is to get another console, get GTA V, join his crew, and then once you get close enough as a team after multiple rounds of robberies and joyrides, systematically kill everyone off in your crew and blackmail them into leaving. Then, once your boyfriend is reduced to an emotional wreck, send him a message that states: "You should have spent more time with me." Or you can ask him to spend more time with you. That works too.

Comments

just imagine if he is dissing you for GTA an online game who to say what else he'll do!

it is completely ok in a relationship for each person to have their own hobbies but it is not ok when that leaves your other half lonely and having to beg for your companionship. if i were you id set some compromises, like, after 8pm all of those devices are turned off and you both have a lovely dinner together before getting ready for bed where devices are also NOT ALLOWED. ofcourse this is different for everybody but i think having rules like that make it a healthy r/ship as im sure he doesnt mean to shut you out but perhaps hasnt realised how much time he spends on something he enjoys.

ummmm... dump the dip head.... enough said... either get out out stop complaining SIMPLE

Not to be mean but maybe find a man and not a child I guess there is a lot of men out there that play and are real men so not putting down gamers either I just think there's a time to play and a time to really play like with your woman because in that game I'm definitely winning

You must be better with women than you are with punctuation...

castleofg1ass 19

Excuse me don't you dare get in the way of people playing gta! It's one of the best games out, just join him and stop complaining!

Honestly I hope you're kidding. If not I feel for you. A relationship is a two person job and frankly her boyfriend isn't doing his part for a healthy relationship

carla6991 13

I actually do play with him and am commissioner of the crew and am a bit of a gamer myself. However, I require a bit more than 2 hours of sleep and don't feel like playing during every bit of spare time I have. We had a talk about it last night though and he agreed to cut down when I'm home from work so we'll see!

Way to be assertive op, I hope he upholds his end. GL

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you guys had a talk and you got it worked out (at least for now). If it gets too bad, threaten to leave his butt or make him choose between you and the game. :p

thejimler 9

That's good news, as a gamer myself I like my virtual escape from reality as much as the next but not at the expense of real-world situations. The most annoying irk is when someone from your 'group' lives up to a negative stereotype.

@100...I'm not sure giving him an ultimatum is the best way to handle this situation.

never make anyone choose between you and something else, ultimatums lead to resentment.

When I read your story and told my beau about it , for a moment we thought your story was about a friend of ours. :p

If he wants to be lazy then dump him.Get a better guy.

Maybe play a bit with him...you hold up your end of the bargain he does the same...it's a fair trade...