By carla6991 - 09/10/2013 20:16 - United States - Dade City

Today, my boyfriend blew me off yet again because he claims he has a responsibility as a "crew leader" to train and recruit members at all times, to accommodate all time zones. GTA V is ruining our relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 256
You deserved it 7 934

carla6991 tells us more.

carla6991 13

I actually do play with him and am commissioner of the crew and am a bit of a gamer myself. However, I require a bit more than 2 hours of sleep and don't feel like playing during every bit of spare time I have. We had a talk about it last night though and he agreed to cut down when I'm home from work so we'll see!

Top comments

krash357_fml 7

Join the crew! Totally worth it!

The only way to solve this is to get another console, get GTA V, join his crew, and then once you get close enough as a team after multiple rounds of robberies and joyrides, systematically kill everyone off in your crew and blackmail them into leaving. Then, once your boyfriend is reduced to an emotional wreck, send him a message that states: "You should have spent more time with me." Or you can ask him to spend more time with you. That works too.

Comments

You need to loosen your grip on him. It's a game. Let him enjoy himself . Eventually he'll get bored like everyone else.

menoseloso 13

GTA 5 is the shit. No wonder I can't pay attention in class these days...

How is a game more imporyant than a real life relationship. I would take the later over the latter any day of the week, and I love games...

I don't know how old you are, or how ready you are for a serious relationship, but if you are looking to settle down and are over the age of 25ish, dump his ass! they never grow out of this. I stuck with my gamer and spent today vomiting from morning sickness while he came home and played games. We are in our 30s! They NEVER grow out of it!

Ins0mau 20

Hey! Not ALL gamers are like that!!

Axel5238 29

They never said all gamers, but there are some that don't grow out of it. Depending on the age it may be ok or it could be a sign that something is problematic especially if they are thinking about settling down and ignore the partner/ other responsibilities regularly. There are a lot of young men and women that don't grow out of these behaviors and others and end up being man children into their mid 20's and beyond.

OPRAH is coming into town, one day only. FREE MAKEOVERS for everyone, dozens of makeup kits, hair products, shoes, AND EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS GETS TO SPEND TWO DAYS WITH HER, TALKING ONE ON ONE,JUST THE TWO OF YOU - NO ENTRY FEE - JUST COME.... Op, would you continue planing your boyfriends birthday party thats on the same day - CHECK YOURSELF!! p.s - the great thing about games is you know where your man is, he aint 'working late' like others who work in a Sun tanning spar, who have to work late coz customers didnt wana leave coz the sun went down at 11pm

Ok what the hell does Oprah have to do with the price of tea in China?

suggestion: join his crew. that way at least u'll be able to spend time together. plus crew gets a chick. win win.

Suggestion: Read OP's follow up comments. She does play, and is level 50.

I wonder how many people actually read all of the above before commenting? Or even read the follow up too? But my ex and I used to play together when we were living together. We weren't into GTA but he'd roll out his tv and we'd sit in the living room together and play a different game each or I would sit and watch him play, sometimes catching things he didn't. It was either that or movies. =)

GTA is addictive, but if you play with him in the same crew as him then can't really say ur life sux, instead you deserve it for knowing what kind of gamer he is and still act surprised when he prefers the game

I can't say you deserve it. But if I had a boyfriend, I'd be blowing him off for my crew too. If I didn't have a full time job I would do it all the time!