By Liz - 26/03/2016 19:26 - United States - Torrance

Spicy
Today, my boss/husband fired me from my job because I didn't sleep with him last night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 326
You deserved it 3 622

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's 100% illegal and not okay, he can't fire you without just cause. Bring it up to HR as soon as possible

Comments

Or the right to say no. OP shouldn't have to do anything she doesn't want to.

If he's willing to do that just because he didn't get laid, then he doesn't deserve you as an employee/wife (assuming you're a woman). You should look for a new job and file for divorce. If you know anyone who will support you until you find a job, move in with them for now. Show him the consequences of being an asshole.

File for a divorce. Willing to fire you cause you weren't in the mood is not cool.

You could literally sue him and have him arrested.

That's not only an illegal abuse of power over an employee, it's also disgusting behavior from a husband to blackmail his spouse into sex. Really says a lot about who he is as a person. Good luck OP. Honestly, this is worse than plenty of the divorce stories I've heard working in legal. I'd start saving for a lawyer now, for multiple reasons.

That is literally 100% illegal, you can sue him and the company. Get a good lawyer, you might need him for a divorce too!

And people wonder why it's bad to date a coworker let alone your boss. Tsk tsk.

I wouldn't take all these youngsters advice on marriage. you and him must appease each other without seeming like it's not willing. that's how passion is kept throughout the relationship, one reason why marriages fail so often is because people feel like they should get their way all the time. it's not all about you and likewise with him. I doubt he did it because this is the first time or because you have a very vibrant sex life. I don't mean to sound like a personal stab.

Whether or not she hasn't "appeased him" any time recently, doesn't change the fact that what he did (firing someone for saying no to sex) is completely illegal. Also, I believe trying to threaten and coerce someone into having sex against their will (which as someone else said can be considered a form of rape) is much more likely to cause a marriage to fail. I agree that sex is an important part of relationships, but a problem like that would be solved by discussion or therapy, not threats. And if they've already tried working on it but still the only thing that will get their partner to sleep with them is if they threaten them, then I've got some bad news for them...