By Liz - 26/03/2016 19:26 - United States - Torrance

Spicy
Today, my boss/husband fired me from my job because I didn't sleep with him last night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 326
You deserved it 3 622

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's 100% illegal and not okay, he can't fire you without just cause. Bring it up to HR as soon as possible

Comments

And this is why they don't allow relationships in the work place. I'm very curious as to how this played out

Spousal abuse isn't some inevitable result of "relationships in the workplace." Given the classic red flag behaviors we see here then OP's husband would've found another way to control and blackmail OP even if they didn't work together.

Agreed - that sounds very much like abuse and attempted rape/coercion into sex.

He basically handed you the legal equivalent of launch codes for a nuke. Do what you will.

BrailynRaylynn 22

So he fired you for not having sex with him the night before, does he think that will help the situation? It would only serve to make the situation worse, and you'd probably want to have even less sex with him for being so immature. In any case though, this is classic sexual harassment law. It's firing you for not having sex with the your superior, basically stating that your job is reliant on sexually pleasing your boss, which is incredibly illegal.

This is a red flag for a relationship about spiral into abuse, I've ever seen one. Can't keep his personal life out of his job, and used said job to fire OP for being a human being with their own desires because they didn't want to have sex. Using something like that as leverage to make someone have sex with you, despite you having already told them no, is a form of coercive rape. That he fired OP means that not only has he probably cost them their income, it makes them reliant on their partner for everything requiring money. Meaning that he now has another weapon against OP in the form of trying to get sex as payment. It probably also cuts out a good chunk of their support network and isolates them. You and your husband need to have a very serious talk, preferably somewhere where you can get help very quickly if needed. I really hope this is just the years of being taught about these sort of things talking.

You are 100% correct on the psychological profiling aspect, she needs to either take legal action about it being job placed sexual harassment or have a serious talk with the hubby

No you're right about all of this. Unless this is a joke the OP posted as an FML for some reason, there's nothing about this that isn't abusive on a thousand levels.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm actually in shock at how much of a dick move this is

I don't know what the laws are in your part of the world but if you live in a place with community property laws then the last laugh is yours. Hand that deuche divorce papers and get half of the property, shoot since your now unemployed you could probably get alimony on top of that. And as a bonus you would never have to sleep with him again. Win win if you ask me.

Maybe it was all a joke and all of y'all are overreacting.

Yeah, because that's what FML is all about posting jokes. ******* idiot

As I just posted above, what the **** kind of a joke is that.

Hey don't miss business with pleasure and don't Marry it without expecting the consequences.