By BlueSuit - 14/02/2016 19:20 - United States - New York

Today, my boss gave me some mentorship. She told me, "You need to learn to let people do things for you. Until then, I'm going to micromanage your project because I want it done my way." FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 508
You deserved it 1 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amileah13 26

Does she realize that she contradicted her own statement?

Comments

amileah13 26

Does she realize that she contradicted her own statement?

She hasn't though. I'm pushing my assumptions here, but it could easily be read as "OP isn't good at working with others and taking on advice, so until he can do that on his own she's going to have to work on the project too". Besides, giving advice and taking advice are different things - OP and his boss have different roles in the company so they can't really play by the same rules. It's completely reasonable for a boss to give advice on how an employee works and not take said advice themselves if they have different tasks and working environments.

Taking work smarter, not harder to a whole new level.

It's good advice. Delegating work is important, but you need to make sure those people are going to do their part as you need them to. If you learn what your boss wants done and how they want it done they soon will just ask you to do it and trust you will do it right.

kev1029 22

This is actually a good lesson from your boss

kev1029 22

This is actually a good lesson from your boss

BloodyGlass 10

"Yeah, no. Either you do it yourself or let me do it, I'm not a puppet for you to use at your leisure."

Lol. I don't know about you, but everywhere I've worked, we had to do to things how our bosses wanted and when they wanted. I might not go as far as calling myself a puppet, but I've been as close to puppet as a human could get.

Did you know your company conducts random AI tests? Those paradoxes can be nasty on a core.