By janice - 03/06/2011 23:23 - United States

Today, my boss called me to his office, and played back a recording of me telling a co-worker that if I still worked there in a year, I would hang myself. He then bitched me out for unprofessional conduct. The taped conversation took place over a year ago, with my recently ex-boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 659
You deserved it 7 719

Same thing different taste

Top comments

briidontgive_ 0

he's telling you to hang yourself since you recorded that a year ago

Comments

if she was hired knowing all phone conversations.. or certain rooms had recorders built in.. she so deserves it. should have saved that conversation for after work:/ I highly doubt the boyfriend recorded it.

That's an astounding leap of logic. And even if it were plausible, it's convenient that the company kept those audio files for over a year, without comment, until the jilted boyfriend decided to go in and have the company find the exact date and time on an audio recording made a year prior. I honestly find it way more likely that he had a personal recording and is just a major tool.

Daviddwd 0

what r u waiting 4? it's been a yr.

theonlysweetpea 10

Your boss is stupid. Just quit. You don't wanna work there anyway.

Maybe it's implying that her ex recorded the convo and used it as revenge?

turtle_brigade 0

people on here sure are acting high and mighty. as if none of you have ever disliked your jobs before. jackasses.

wow, he was planning revenge since a year before you guys broke up. he's an evil genius!

Tell your boss that the recording is a year old, and was said off the record while you were having a bad day, you apologize, and that you find it way more unprofessional that your ex-boyfriend was recording your conversations without your consent and using them in and unethical attempt to get you fired for breaking up with him.