By Missyangel - 31/12/2009 07:39 - United States

Today, my 7 year-old looked at me and stated, "When I grow up Mommy I want to be fat just like you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 370
You deserved it 11 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your kid is setting attainable, realistic goals. Very good for a 7-year-old!

So. Your kid likes your hugs. And sees you as a rolemodel. That is not an FML, unless you never before realized you're fat, in wich case you're probably not too smart.

Comments

So. Your kid likes your hugs. And sees you as a rolemodel. That is not an FML, unless you never before realized you're fat, in wich case you're probably not too smart.

If you are bigger, maybe take this comment as a sign that it may be time to lose the weight. Since she does look up to you as a role model, she might consider being heavier the good thing to do...which is unhealthy. This was discussed this past season on The Biggest Loser and this man's daughter wanting to have a big belly like her daddy was what inspired him to lose the weight. He ended up winning...so it looks like it all panned out!

cucuto89 0

ydi, your kid should look up to you as a good sandwich maker

Your kid is setting attainable, realistic goals. Very good for a 7-year-old!

Hahaha i really loved your comment buddy

hahahahahahaha... He's not gunna get fat in a household where Mum eats all the food.. Trust me.. She'll have him/her running around, doing chores, answering the phone..... etc.

SettoFail 9

I'm sorry your kid wants to be fat. Also, atleast she wasn't making fun of you?

pippymiskers 4

Exactly what I was thinking.

xknightlightx 2

I suppose it shows that beauty can be seen even From fat people... ? Maybe she wasnt too fat... Just chubby? O.o?

At least your kid isn't making fun of you and if you are fat you can always work out to lose some extra pounds.

itsgen 16

Well at least you know your kid loves you :] and thats what matters

seracy13 0

I so agree it could have been that she said "I don't want to be fat lime you"

YayAmerica 0

Over the holidays, my little cousin declared "I want to be big and fat just like my grandma!" OP, I'm really sorry that you are so insecure that you can't laugh at a child's mishap.

sharon_ellj 0

Dude like, so what? You're a role model to her, rather than her seeing an anorexic chick as a role model... But if you are fat, you should shed those few pounds...

Not every skinny person is anorexic. Don't be jealous.

Also, it's possible to be neither skinny nor fat.

it IS possible to be fat and not have health problems.. like if OP is just a little over weight but not so obese she can't walk, her kid will still say fat, but her health could be fine.

sweetbiotch88 0

so do something about it and lose the flab cab

what do you think chanches are that your 7-year old won't change his/hers oppinion as she/he grows up. The only FML is that your child cald you fat, but don't you think you knew it allready? now you have a great motivation to loose weight!