By me - 06/05/2013 00:56 - United States - Floresville

Today, my 6-year-old daughter walked into the bathroom where I was grumbling about my weight. Seeing how upset I was, she took my hand and said, "Mom, you're not fat. You just look fat." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 555
You deserved it 6 955

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She is innocent and meant well. Yay for having a caring daughter :)

sunnyt 5

Those are words of encouragement!

Comments

GOD we wonder why our daughters have body issues from young ages! She's 6, leave her out of your insecurities so she can grow up NOT worrying about her weight like you do!

Dont pass your insecurities on to your daughter OP, it really isnt right :/

Your daughter is a lovely child, you obviously raised her to be a caring and thoughtful individual, regardless of what words she may have used the sentiment was clear. Although it is rather worrying that at such a tender age she's been exposed to body image insecurities from her biggest role model, take care to lead by example especially in matters like self esteem and body image. If you're not happy with your body then expecting your child, who learns through mimcry, to be happy with theirs is impossible. Every person has something that they don't like about themselves but it's important for your children to understand that if they have something that they don't like that they can change it, just like you could change your weight if you wanted to.

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww Adorable. I don't come here the feel good feels, like it though. My kids usually call me or mum fat, we explain it's not nice but she usually responds with something like well it's true. Faultless kid logic.

perdix 29

Sounds like the title of the next anti-diet book.

I don't hate you cuz your fat, your fat because I hate you

Your daughter is totally awesome she's very smart,at least she got Her point across without hurting your feelings! Dog bless you and your family

I just love kids that age - they are full of love & sweetness but aren't always the best for your ego.

Your daughter is so sweet. How is this an FML?