By Maxwell - 04/02/2010 10:47 - France

Today, my 4 year old son thought it was funny to put money in the shredder. He stuck over 500 dollars in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 484
You deserved it 114

Top comments

Why did you have 500 dollars easily accessible to a child?

Why was a shredder accessible to your four-year-old, for that matter!

Comments

What kind of shredder do you have? If it just shreds in strips, collect them and put them together as best you can. Banks will replace damaged currency provided it can still be reliably identified. You might still have a chance at recovering the money.

He's right, as long as 51% of the bill is there, they will replace it.

iamgoofymovie 0

MercyFML ur comments are never funny I know u try but u fail everytime sorry to break the news to you

Mercy, I will admit that I always get a chuckle out of your comments.

perdix 29

No need to be defensive, Mercy, you are funny. If it were for people like us, the comments would be a barren wasteland of "That sucks," "Make him/her/me a sammich," and "YDI for being a *****!" Keep 'em coming, so to speak. ;)

Mercy, they just don't get it because the comments make them think, and let's face it, how many people on here seem like they want to think? lol

Mercy: YDI for being a *****! Sorry, perdix, but it was either that or, "So, did you...did you do him?"

Speaking of which, where IS BraveSirRobin?

perdix 29

No apologies necessary, Alex or Alexis (I can't figure out if you are Alexis The Name, Alex Is The Name, A Lex Is The Name, or Alexi St. Hename). If you told Mercy to make you a sammich, I would have been pissed off!

Mercy, love. You are funny. I look forward to your comments, even if I myself do not that much anymore. People are buttmunches, and you know that. Please stay. ):

Aggriken 0

most shredders are safety proofed so that only paper, cards and the like can fit, not fingers. And he can not conceivably watch his child every minute of every day. Same goes for the money.

Really? They should arrest the 4 year old.

Rick_S 3

No, it's not. Defacing or destroying US currency is illegal only when done with the intent to deceive. In other words, destroying a one dollar bill to make it look like a 10 is illegal. Shredding a 10 is not.

Send in the shreds to the dept of the treasury. Look up the dept of the treasury online on how to submit a claim. Recovery might be possible.

heartlessagony 0

YDI. Keep a closer eye on your kid and money.

spetchi 0

How did the kid get a hold of $500? And why did a 4 year old have access to a shredder? That's asking for trouble.

Why the hell did your 4 year old have access to not only $500, but a shredder! You should feel lucky he didn't shred his hands!

if you can fit your fingers into a shredder, you have sone serious issues XD

@131, and anyone else who's saying you can't fit your fingers into a shredder. The kid was four. 4 year old fingers are much more slender than 20+ year old fingers. They actually fit in a reasonably large number of shredders. In general, safety features always make certain assumptions. In this case, assuming the shredder operator has fingers at least 5mm in diameter is reasonable, so you might build it with a 5mm gap. But the 4 year old, not expected to be using the shredder, might not have fingers that large yet. And even if a 4 year old has sufficiently large hands, does a 2 year old?

I'll take $500 to tape all 3000 or so pieces back together for you.