By One Angry Vegan - 03/06/2017 12:00

Today, marks 2 weeks since I got Oral Allergy Syndrome, a.k.a. randomly becoming allergic to apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, mangos, carrots, celery, beets, sunflower seeds, fennel, my toothpaste, and more things I just haven't tried yet. I'm vegan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 850
You deserved it 2 269

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thehaystackerine 20

That would be funny as hell if meat turned out to be the only thing you weren't allergic to.

Beeing healthier than the average american isn't really a big accomplishment.

Comments

Cook the damn thing in sugar and we are done.

dope_mcfly 24

YDI for picking a diet and lifestyle that goes against your human nature.

No actually. Being vegan or vegetarian is much more natural. Fuckwitt.

So, not trying to bash or anything, but what has being vegan got to do with this?

Because almost all of their newfound allergies are fruits and veggies, which are staples of a vegan's diet.

because vegans love saying they're vegan

OP I also have OAS; I'm not sure if it would be the same for you, but if you eat any of those things cooked, it shouldn't be a problem for you. This might not be the case seeing as how you're allergic to your own toothpaste, so if you haven't consulted a doctor I suggest you do so. Good luck!

that's what cutting out too much food does. you'll probably need to see an allergist specialist to de- sensitise you. also get blood workup in case it's an autoimmune disorder.

That's not how Oral Allergy Syndrome works. It's also probably not how regular allergies form, not that there's any concrete information on how allergies develop.

No lol **** you're an idiot. How many people are vegan? They don't all have allergies! Do some research 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️

Sounds like you may need to reconsider that for your own health. Or maybe you can find a way to eat that works for you. Either way, best of luck OP.

i'm a vegetarian who is allergic/intolerant to almost every fruit & vegetable, and blood tests shows that I don't have any deficiencies and I don't get hungrier than most people. You'll be able to work round it with grains, beans etc. It's easier than it seems :)

sounds like a simple solution to me, drink milk and eat meat, butter, cheese, eggs, and whatnot. it works for me