By Sinkhole - 24/08/2013 15:27 - Guatemala - Guatemala City

Today, like every day for the past 6 months, I got a call from the same telemarketers. I've been ignoring the calls, so now they've started leaving me voicemails. I can't get rid of the annoying voicemail icon on my phone without making a call, so I have to pay to listen to their offers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 143
You deserved it 5 719

Sinkhole tells us more.

Sinkhole 26

So, to answer people's comments: I'm not really going to change numbers, because I've already changed my number like 4 times for unrelated reasons, and I'm tired of changing it. I don't have a contract phone, and blocking numbers through the phone company is more hassle than it's worth, and probably wouldn't work anyway. I have no smartphone, so I can't just get an app. Not gonna take legal action against them because this is not a sue happy country. I have already told them not to call me, many many times (would be stupid not to have tried that already). After six months of two or three calls from them a day, ignoring them is not as easy as it sounds. There is no "do not call" list in my country. The most ridiculous thing is that they're trying to sell me some English courses, and I've told them I don't even need them, but of course, they just want to sell. I'll have to muster up the courage to pick up the phone and play loud and freaky **** for them in the background until they decide I'm a deranged individual who shouldn't be messed with.

Top comments

You can take legal action against them.

Garnetshaddow 30

I play with the illegal telemarketers all the time. To start, start light. Hit on the opposite gender. Blow a whistle in to the phone. Ask them to hold on for a moment and see how long it takes for them to hang up. Once you're good at those, start trying to convert them to alternative religions, sing annoying songs (I like "The song that never ends" from Lamb Chop's Play Along), pretend to be a small child, Chant "no" in varying tone and length until they hang up, mimic back everything they say.... When you're really good start pretending they've called a hotline. My personal favorites are the National Organization of Satanists looking for a virgin for a blood orgy... and a hookup hotline for registered sex offenders. I used to get 5 or 6 calls a day from "Cardholder Services." Now I only get two a week or so. I'm on the crazy list.

Comments

KaitlynNeal 13

Just answer and talk to them. But as A fake telemarketer. They are not allowed to hang up so if you just piss them off they will stop calling because no one will want to deal with it :)

Answer and tell them to.take you off their call list. They have to its the law

Call the service provider n tell them to block the number or make a police report. In my country it works I m not sure about yours but is good to try

Call them (only for a few seconds it won't cost much) then scream something really creepy or something that doesn't make sense.. Then in a very calm voice tell them to stop calling and hang up. Confuse them, creep them out, then make your point. They won't call back.

duma191 21

(888) 382-1222. this is the do not call registry. if telemarketers call you after your number is added, you can sue them.

Just answer and hang up... It's quick and easy Hun.

You can change your number. You can find out how to record your phone calls with them and then ask them to take you off the call list. Or you can answer and start speaking in tongues and screaming.

Mr number is a great app for blocking number and preventing them from leaving voicemails

JoeyJaws68 18

YDI. If you ignore them they'll keep calling. If you just took the 10 seconds to answer them and say 'no', then you wouldn't be in this mess.

Sinkhole 26

Did you even bother reading my comment way up there? No, of course you didn't.

1-888-382-1222 call this number from your phone. Its the national do not call list. It will take your number off of all telemarketers. You have to call it from the number you want removed. Hope this helps