By peopleinthepark - 30/05/2009 14:46 - United States

Today, it was beautiful out. I decided to play guitar at the park near my house. I left my guitar case open, asking not for money but for feedback. I got two pieces of paper with feedback: 1) You're fat. 2) Get a life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 947
You deserved it 13 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awdorable 0

Oh, I'm sorry, that sucks. FYL. Next time, say 'POSITIVE' Feedback, that would be better, dude.

people are always rude. don't mind them

Comments

they didn't say your music sucked so s'all good

thuryn 2

#17 and #30: You're jerks. People playing music outdoors is one of the best things in life. In short, *I* like people who play music at the park. I like it a lot. Even if they suck, I like it. It adds a certain carefree, pleasant feel to the afternoon. OP: Look at it this way: You only got two notes. How many people passed by? Subtract two. Everybody else *enjoyed* it and saw nothing to complain about. (I'd come play with you, 'cept I play piano and they're kinda heavy...)

meadowlark 0

Well, you did ask for feedback.

Nobody else thought about Family Guy and the douchebag with the guitar? Not saying OP is a douchebag, it was just the first thought to pop in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5T_HsCZEQ Anyway OP, if you're going to ask for feedback, expect some negative. Some people don't like others playing in public, some do. No biggie, just brush it off and keep on playing!

Meow34 0

# 9.. that is in no way fimiliar for this FML. Anyway, that sucks, man. :/ Practice makes perfect, or close to perfect. And the person who called you fat is an iggnorant *****. Dnot worry. Everyone is beautiful in their own special way.

see theres your problem dude forget what people think next time screw the feedback and ask for money. opinions are like a$$ holes everyone has one and they usually stink

That's harsh. I would only probably drop a mean note if it were one of those buskers who take up the 3/4 of the footpath and drown out the city with their terrible music.

FMLwrestler 0

Hey to be honest, #19 on here is absolutely right. If you are above the age of 17 and have no life except for your guitar, you damn well better accept criticism! Because the only way that is going to make you money is if enough people like you to want to buy your albums/music! And if you DON'T plan on going professional, you shouldn't be playing in the park at all, you should be with friends/family, or WORKING. Making and saving money, for the future. #21, no YOU are the idiot. Let me explain though, I'm not a fan of blind name calling. You say that he wanted feedback on his guitar playing, but not anything else? Well, 99% of the time (with the possible exception of susan boyle?), popular and successful musicians not only play music well, but at least look decently good! And more important than a good face, is almost ALL of them have good sleek bodies! And stronger looking bodies usually, if they are guys. ALMOST NOBODY is more inclined to buy music from fat ugly artists than they are from good-looking slimmer artists. And because your looks and weight SO VERY MUCH affect who will be interested and attracted to your music, I say that that was VERY, VERY USEFUL CRITICISM. It may have hurt, but the OP needed 100% to hear it, because if the OP follows their insinuated advice and sheds some poundage, the OP will be more likely to get a record deal. But at this rate, your music sucks too, so just find another job route in life.

Weird, #17, Id have the same response if I saw you and your "friends" in the park. It would be mainly a feeling of disgust and anger(mainly towards god, for creating someone as unattractive and bitchy as you). Now...as to the OP, don't take it personally, it was just people who are unintelligent and uncreative so they have to resort to basic insults for laughs, I'd guarantee anyone looking for feedback on anything will get those kind of responses. As from a musician's standpoint though, ignore the haters. People are mistaken if they think music is, in any way, JUST for the people who listen. Writing and playing music has always been an outwards expression for me at least, compared to what would be considered "inward", which would be all the judgments of others, positive or negative, that I'd choose to embrace or dismiss.